Baker & Taylor Putting Electronic Businesses Into New, Separate Company
- Japan as a model for B&T. Taylor, Sally // Publishers Weekly;11/3/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 45, p45
Discusses how Baker & Taylor, whose business in Japan, is using Japan as a model for future international expansion. The sales growth in the company's international business; The launch of the quarterly magazine called `Bookwatch,' by Baker & Taylor for the international book market; Location...
- B&T unveils its VOR plan. Kinsella, Bridget // Publishers Weekly;11/18/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 47, p11
Presents Baker & Taylor's (B&T) specifications for its vendor of record program (VOR). Three-tiered flat discount schedule; Number of publishers on B&T's VOR roster; Concerns among booksellers about compensation for sales representatives in regard to VOR orders.
- Baker & Taylor Offers Order Service. Cheatham, Bertha M.; Kovacs, Karen A. // School Library Journal;Apr88, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the ordering service of the publishing company Baker & Taylor for subscribers of Booklist and School Library Journal. Description of how the books are presented; Directions in placing orders.
- B&T Adds to Monthly Sales Reporting Data. Mutter, John // Publishers Weekly;12/14/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 50, p10
Reports that Baker & Taylor (B&T) is providing free sales data to publishers who credit independent representatives with sales made through B&T. Details on the move; Purpose for the move.
- B&T to Publish on Demand. St. Lifer, Evan; Rogers, Michael // Library Journal;7/1/1997, Vol. 122 Issue 12, p22
Mentions that Baker & Taylor has created a business unit called Replica Books. Design to solve the historic problem of books going out of print and out of stock; Comments from Richard Huttner, the division's managing director.
- PREPUB BEST SELLERS. // Library Journal;2/15/1991, Vol. 116 Issue 3, p183
This article presents a list of books most in demand by libraries prior to announced publication date from Baker & Taylor Books in the U.S. for the week ending January 19, 1991.
- Harcourt hopes to boost stock price by selling stake in Neiman Marcus. // Book Publishing Report;09/06/99, Vol. 24 Issue 35, p6
Reports on textbook publisher Harcourt General's plan to spin off its controlling interest in clothing company The Neiman Marcus Group.
- PMA, B&T Form Review Partnership. Zeitchik, Steven M. // Publishers Weekly;7/5/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 27, p11
Reports that the Publishers Marketing Association (PMA) has entered into a partnership with Baker & Taylor's Title Source II Web site. Aim of the partnership; Details on the agreement; Features of the site.
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;7/15/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 27, p7
Presents news briefs related to book publishers in Great Britain as of July 15, 2002. Deals between Book Data Ltd. and Baker & Taylor Inc.; Combined sales of Borders Books & Music stores in the Books Etc. chain; Strategy of publisher Allison & Busby.