Technology and the bottom line
- You can take it with you. Khouri, Amer L. // Satellite Communications;Jul97, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p26
Focuses on the advances in portability of satellite terminals of earth stations. Features of American Mobile Satellite Corp.'s portable satellite earth station called OmniQuest; Role of advances in digital signal processing technology; Applications.
- Watching the river flow from satellite city. Tagaza, Emilia // Ecos;Autumn95, Issue 83, p16
Presents information on the an additional satellite city of Sydney, Australia. Impact in the North-west Sector; Steps to reduce the load of nutrients from the sewage affluent; Research on the Hawkesbury-Nepean River system; What is being studied by the Coastal Zone Program; Results of study;...
- Choosing your earth station monitor and control system. Gray, DeWayne // Satellite Communications;Oct97, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p42
Presents strategies for updating and selecting ground stations for satellite communication systems. Emphasis on monitor and control for selecting ground station equipment; Recommendation to select equipment with an open architecture; Determination of usage risks.
- Automatically avoiding communication failures. Gray, DeWayne // Telecom Asia;Oct96, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p52
Discusses how automated monitor and control systems for earth stations can keep communication lines open. Importance of monitor and control equipment; Monitor and control methods; Open architecture system; Searching for the perfect monitor and control system.
- New-generation satellite news gathering system. // Interavia Business & Technology;Oct94, Vol. 49 Issue 583, p63
Reports on the development by the satellite systems division of Deutsche Aerospace's Dornier unit of a portable `Fly-away' ground station for television reporters. Setup time; Enhanced satellite news gathering systems; Contact information.
- Untitled. // Electronics Weekly;11/19/2003, Issue 2124, p12
Presents picture of the Bubble, a Â£1m visitor centre on dockside of Swansea, Wales will feature a reactive skin that changes translucency in relation to the path of the sun.
- Atmospheric influence on a laser beam observed on the OICETS -- ARTEMIS communication demonstration link. Löscher, A. // Atmospheric Measurement Techniques Discussions;2010, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p2035
The article analyzes the power received during a bi-directional optical inter-satellite communication experiment with the Japanese satellite Optical Inter-Orbit Communications Engineering Test Satellite (OICETS) at the OPALE detector onboard ARTEMIS. The main payload of OICETS is the Laser...
- Beyond Iridium. Cosper, Amy C. // Wireless Review;09/01/99, Vol. 16 Issue 17, p80
Focuses on satellite networking. Significance of Iridium; Data delivery in the form of multicasting, unicasting and broadcasting; Launching of the Teledesic, a Ka-band project funded by Craig McCaw, Bill Gates and Motorola; Life in the satellite Internet business.
- Globalstar Canada roams internationally. // RCR Wireless News;9/25/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 39, p116
Reports the global expansion of the roaming services of telecommunication company, GlobalStar Canada. Location of ground stations in Australia; Countries provided with roaming services in South America; Benefits of the expanded coverage to subscribers working in maritime-based industries.