Don't believe the hype
- Learning to share. O'Shea, Dan // Satellite Broadband;Jun2001, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p30
Focuses on the broadband satellite network industry. Products that the satellite companies can offer; Requirements for bandwidth providers; Information on satellite infrastructures.
- Broadband satellites taking last mile to the next dimension. Smith, Steve // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Jun2000, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p76
Reports on the study conducted by Frost & Sullivan Inc. on broadband satellite services. Factors boosting the future of the telecommunication solution; Projected increase in Internet-specific satellite transponder lease revenues; Viability and effectiveness in keeping up with next-generation...
- Still Searching For Success. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;04/30/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 18, p24
Stresses the efforts of broadband satellite companies to improve their services in the United States. Information on the major satellite companies WildBlue Communications, StarBand Communications and SkyBridge LP; Services offered by the satellite companies.
- Satellite renaissance. Casper, Amy C. // Satellite Communications;Aug2000, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p6
Discusses broadband access through satellites. How satellite services deliver broadband solutions; Overview of broadband; Developments in the satellite industry.
- Satellite's Golden Egg. McEacher, Ian // Satellite Communications;Aug2000, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p20
Discusses the development of satellite broadband in the United States. Advantage of satellite broadband in the delivery of data; Services offered by the broadband; Potential customers.
- ALPHASTAR LAUNCHES 2-WAY SATELLITE BROADBAND NETWORK VIA GE-5. // Worldwide Videotex Update;Nov2000, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p1
Reports the launching of TeleCrossing, the first two-way satellite broadband network by Alphastar International in Greenwich, Connecticut. Use of GE-5 satellite to launch TeleCrossing; Plans of TeleCrossing to deploy national servicing; Target market for TeleCrossing; Negotiation with resellers...
- Carpe diem broadbandem. Cosper, Amy C. // Satellite Broadband;Oct2000, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p6
Deals with the satellite bandwidth exchange aimed at reducing the number of idle satellite transponders. Reasons behind the the idleness of satellite operators; Dynamics of the satellite bandwidth exchange; Benefits of online trading of resources.
- High-octane aspirations. Baugh, Christopher // Satellite Broadband;Oct2000, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p50
Forecasts the state of the two-way residential broadband satellite access by 2005. Estimated number of users worldwide by year-end 2000; Percentage of two-way terminals in the entire residential satellite market; Primary factor that drives the growth of broadband satellites.
- Dishing out broadband access in Europe. Baugh, Christopher // Satellite Broadband;Nov2001, Vol. 2 Issue 11, p44
Provides information on satellite-based consumer broadband access and Internet services in Europe. Forecast on the growth of European consumer satellite access market; Basis of forecast on the growth of consumer satellite access market.