Don't believe the hype
- Learning to share. O'Shea, Dan // Satellite Broadband;Jun2001, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p30
Focuses on the broadband satellite network industry. Products that the satellite companies can offer; Requirements for bandwidth providers; Information on satellite infrastructures.
- Broadband satellites taking last mile to the next dimension. Smith, Steve // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Jun2000, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p76
Reports on the study conducted by Frost & Sullivan Inc. on broadband satellite services. Factors boosting the future of the telecommunication solution; Projected increase in Internet-specific satellite transponder lease revenues; Viability and effectiveness in keeping up with next-generation...
- Still Searching For Success. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;04/30/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 18, p24
Stresses the efforts of broadband satellite companies to improve their services in the United States. Information on the major satellite companies WildBlue Communications, StarBand Communications and SkyBridge LP; Services offered by the satellite companies.
- Dishing out broadband access in Europe. Baugh, Christopher // Satellite Broadband;Nov2001, Vol. 2 Issue 11, p44
Provides information on satellite-based consumer broadband access and Internet services in Europe. Forecast on the growth of European consumer satellite access market; Basis of forecast on the growth of consumer satellite access market.
- Spotlight on: ND SatCom. // Satellite Broadband;Jan2002, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p26
Announces the design of the Broadband Interactive (BBI) Network Management System for the Ka-Band system from ND SatCom. Technique used by ND SatCom in designing the system; Advantages of the BBI system.
- On-board processing: Enabling broadband satellites. Melnick, Martin; Hadinger, Peter // Satellite Communications;Jul2000, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p28
States that flexibility is the key to the success of broadband satellites. Importance of flexibility of broadband satellite services; Information on the first, second and third generation satellite broadband systems; Advantages of the fourth generation satellite broadband. INSETS: Spot-beams...
- Moving to a Standard Broadband Satellite Interface. Mosburger, Myron // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Apr2000, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p45
Focuses on the drawbacks of satellite data delivery for corporations and service providers. Role of satellite technology in broadband data access; Need for customer premises satellite interface; Reasons for supporting a standard satellite interface.
- Industry Bullish on Broadband, But Impact on Satellites in Doubt. Taverna, Michael A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/16/2000, Vol. 153 Issue 16, p55
Reports on the optimism by financial and space industry experts on the prospects for broadband telecommunications and other satellite applications. Arguments in favor of broadband; Comments of Banc of America Securities chief financial officer Armand Musey on the issue; Sectors tipped for...
- Bandwidth Bandwagon. Svitak, Amy // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/23/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 4, p33
The article discusses the U.S. Wideband Global Satcom (WGS) system, noting that countries including Canada, New Zealand, and the Netherlands signed an agreement in January 2012 which will allow them to access WGS data frequencies in return for funding for a ninth WGS satellite. The article...