Looking for a flame
- Future's bright for cable, satellite. Fine, Janet // Variety;5/9/205, Vol. 398 Issue 12, p32
Predicts the growth of cable and satellite television penetration in the Middle East and North Africa by 2010, according to TV Informa Telecoms & Media report. Percentage increase in cable and satellite penetration; Factors that influenced the penetration.
- New Report Sees Slower Growth for Cable. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;08/14/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 33, p33
Informs on the results of the United States report `Communications Industry Forecast,' by Veronis, Suhler & Associates Inc. Forecast for the cable and direct-broadcast satellite market; Projected revenue; Growth rates.
- The Big Picture For 2007. Oberst, Gerry // VIA Satellite;1/1/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p2
The article presents major issues that will affect the European satellite television operators in 2007. Some of these issues are big picture, arising from substantial proposals to change the rules themselves. Other issues are from specific allocations or service proposals and from preparation...
- Chapter 20: DIRECT BROADCAST SATELLITE. Miller, Richard K.; Washington, Kelli D. // Entertainment, Media & Advertising Market Research Handbook;2005, Issue 7, p201
Chapter 20 of "The 2005 Entertainment, Media & Advertising Market Research Handbook" is presented. This chapter discusses the trends in direct broadcast satellite television in the U.S. It emphasizes an increase in the number of subscribers of direct broadcast satellite television stations and...
- India weighs DTH launch. Gupta, S.D. // Electronic Media;03/08/99, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p8
Updates on the direct-to-home (DTH) television industry in India. Players gearing up to enter the business; Government ban on DTH services; Lobbying efforts.
- Star bursts with deals. // Daily Variety;05/31/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 62, p14
Announces the plan of Star TV to launch a Hindi movie channel by August 2001, as well as a business news, education and health channel.
- Chinese channel taps megamarket. Palmer, Rhonda // Variety;9/5/94, Vol. 356 Issue 6, p46
Focuses on satellite television network Star TV's Chinese Channel. Doing business with China and Taiwan; Programming; Competition.
- Star TV signs deal with Indovision. Sumarno, Marselli // Variety;3/20/95, Vol. 358 Issue 7, p33
Reports on the tie-up between Star TV and Matahari Lintas Cakrawala to distribute the former's digital channel television programming in Indonesia. Star TV plans for programming in Indonesia.
- DTH guidelines given. // Daily Variety;03/22/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 17, p16
Reports on the Indian government's publication of guidelines for direct-to-home broadcasting in the country.