- EchoStar now a more formidable competitor to cable issuers. L.C. // High Yield Report;02/28/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p1
Reports business developments in the satellite communications issuer EchoStar Communications. Partnership with Gilat Satellite Networks Ltd. and OpenTV Corp.; Impact of the partnership on competitors and satellite investors; Purpose of the company to offer high-speed, two-way electronic...
- Dishing it out. Swann, Phillip // Electronic Media;2/3/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p18
Focuses on the steps taken by the U.S.-based satellite television service provider EchoStar Inc. to strengthen its position in the industry. Reasons for rejection of merger between EchoStar and DirecTV Inc. by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission and the Justice Department; Circumstances...
- DBS Providers Compete Despite Pending Merger. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;8/19/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p1
Reports the ensuing competition between direct satellite broadcast providers, DirecTV Inc. and EchoStar Communications Corp. despite the companies' pending merger in Las Vegas, Nevada. Strategic initiatives used by the companies in marketing its digital video recorders (DVR); Discussion on...
- COMMERCIAL SATELLITE OPERATORS. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/15/2001 Aerospace Source Book, Vol. 154 Issue 3, p249
Presents a list of commercial satellite operators worldwide as of January 15, 2001. Arab Satellite Communication Organization; Deutsche Telekom; Echostar Communications Corp.; GE American Communications Inc.; Globalstar; INTELSAT; Korea Telecom; Loral Skynet.
- Combine Platforms, Add Dose of Bromo. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;11/5/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 45, p70
Reports the venture between Echostar Communications Corp. and DirecTV Inc. in the United States. Possible effects of the integration; Formation of integration teams of the companies; Claims of EchoStar communications manager Marc Lumpkin on the integration.
- BEAM 'EM UP. Cohen, David S. // Daily Variety;9/21/2010, Vol. 308 Issue 55, p1
The article reports on the joint venture of Deluxe Laboratories Inc. and EchoStar to deliver digital content to theaters in Canada and U.S. in 2010.
- DBS romances the phone. // CED;Sep2003, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p16
Reports that EchoStar and DirecTV have gained the ability to bundle video and voice services via telco partnerships in the U.S. Cause of the agreement; Belief of the companies on the partnership.
- Nano-based Battery. // American Ceramic Society Bulletin;Apr2006, Vol. 85 Issue 4, p10
The article reports that mPhase Technologies and Lucent Technologies Bell Labs have jointly developed a nano-based smart battery which can store and convert energy on demand. During a laboratory test, the device can generate enough power for a light emitting diode. The electrolyte can be...
- Resellers ride stable prices through busy '96. G.D. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/12/96, Vol. 126 Issue 34, p80
Reports on stable prices experienced by satellite companies in the United States. Trends in capacity costs; Projections on the impact of Vyvx's bundled fiber/satellite services on pricing.