- Japan Sky Broadcasting bows. // Electronic Media;01/02/97, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p22
Reports that the Japan Broadcasting Company Limited, a partnership between News Corporation and Softbank Corporation, will be a system operator and offer marketing and promotional services.
- NHK cleans up with `Toothbrush'. // Hollywood Reporter;5/30/95, Vol. 337 Issue 23, pI-5
Reports on acquisition by NHK's Broadcast Satellite 2 of five television programs at the 35th Montreux Festival. `Don't Forget Your Toothbrush'; Golden Rose Award; Signing of a 10-year deal between Jamie Massada of the Los Angeles Laugh Factory night club and the Montreux Comedy Festival;...
- Japan pubcaster NHK falls off its analog. Herskovitz, Jon // Variety;02/24/97, Vol. 366 Issue 4, p221
Cites that NHK Corp. is ready to support the use of a digital format for satellite television broadcasting in Japan. Amount invested in building its nationwide analog satellite broadcast system; Factors attributed to the change in the company's decision.
- NHK Live Feed. EDABURN, PATRICK // Moderate Voice;3/15/2011, p5
The article presents several websites where the NHK Japan Broadcasting Corp., the main Japanese network, can be viewed in the midst of tsunamis and earthquakes that struck Japan.
- FM to NHK. Nelson, Terry // Pro Sound News;Mar96, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p27
Reports on the purchase by Japan-based NHK of Swiss-based FM Acoustics' FM801A power amplifiers for monitoring purposes.
- NHK said in no hurry to digitalize high-def TV. Hirsig, Andrea // Hollywood Reporter;1/25/95, Vol. 335 Issue 37, p10
Reports that the Japanese public broadcaster NHK has no immediate moves to switch its high-definition television broadcasting from analog to digital. NHK's long-term business plan; Reaction from the Liberal Democratic Party; Statements by the ministry of posts and telecommunications.
- Camera records color and depth. // Laser Focus World;Jul2000, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p44
Describes a three-dimensional camera developed by researchers at the Japan Broadcasting Co. Features and capabilities of the camera; Possible applications of the device; How a problem with the reflectance of objects was remedied.
- Digital HDTV demo'd. // Daily Variety;07/25/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 35, p12
Reports on NHK Corp.'s demonstration of experimental digital high definition television transmission to leaders of the G8 in Okinawa Island, Japan.
- Yanks' opener homers for NHK. Osaki, Tad // Daily Variety;4/3/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 64, p14
Reports on pubcaster, NHK's broadcasting of the game between New York Yankees and Toronto Blue Jays in the American league season opener in Toronto, Ontario. Ratings of the program.