Cardinal Jorge A. Medina on the ICEL Controversy
- The mission of aging. Murphy, Patricia // Generations;Fall90, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p67
Presents a liturgy used by primarily Christian groups to celebrate with individuals, congregations and workshop groups. Interfaith spirit; Communities of persons who will benefit from the rituals.
- Liturgical research and pastoral liturgy. Holeton, David R. // Anglican Theological Review;Summer90, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p313
Reviews liturgical reforms led by liturgical scholars in Christianity. Christian initiation; Eucharist; Future directions.
- God-language and inclusive language liturgy. McMichael Jr., Ralph N. // Anglican Theological Review;Fall91, Vol. 73 Issue 4, p430
Discusses fundamental ways that language is understood as it is employed to speak of God, and how this God-talk relates to the language of worship. Basic ways one might do God-Language and how this determines the language we use in liturgies; Analogy and Thomas Aquinas; Analogical tradition;...
- The artistry of liturgical words. L'Engle, Madeleine // Anglican Theological Review;Fall91, Vol. 73 Issue 4, p458
Focuses on the artistry of liturgical words. Usage of contemporary words; Convictions and comprehension; Christian beliefs; Reconciliation that art is born, song and picture and story; Drama of the liturgy.
- The supplemental liturgical texts: A theological inquiry. Schuler, Rock // Anglican Theological Review;Fall91, Vol. 73 Issue 4, p466
Examines the revision of the Supplemental Liturgical Texts from a critical and theological standpoint. Discussion on `An Order of Worship for the Evening'; Positive contributions of the Rites; Trends throughout the liturgies; Orthodox understanding of the Trinity and salvation through the...
- Reckonings 7 the reshaping of liturgical studies. Bradshaw, Paul F. // Anglican Theological Review;Fall90, Vol. 72 Issue 4, p481
Discusses the development of the study of liturgy. Importance of liturgical research; Linkage between questions of theology and liturgy; Approaches in the study of liturgy.
- Bishops reject controls sought by Rome. Allen Jr., John L. // National Catholic Reporter;05/12/2000, Vol. 36 Issue 28, p9
Reports on the statutes given for the International Commission on English in the Liturgy. Its significance; Limitations of the statutes; Response of bishops to the statutes.
- SPANISH ECCLESIASTICAL ARCHIVES. Gonz�lez Valle, Jos� V. // Fontes Artis Musicae;Jan-Mar98, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p39
Emphasizes the relationship between music and liturgy in Spain. Effect of elevating its condition and nobility; Provision of necessary information and adequate material to reconstruct musical traditions or practices; Distinction between literary-musical documents.
- Of Many Things. D. R. C. // America;1/9/1971, Vol. 124 Issue 1, preceding p1
The article discusses various issues published within the issue, including one by Andrew M. Greeley on Consciousness III, another one by James R. Kelly on several absorbers for an encounter with future shock and one by John Gallen on liturgical reform.