Are Clinicians and Researchers Different?
- CNE/CME questions. // Clinical Trials Administrator;Sep2009, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p108
A quiz about comparative effectiveness research (CER) is presented.
- Comparing insulin and incretins. // Internal Medicine Alert;9/15/2010 Supplement, p115
The article reports on a study which examines the influence of incretin therapies or insulin on glycemic control, weight loss, and changes in cardiovascular (CV) biomarkers in patients with type 2 diabetes.
- Good Clinical Practices: The Investigator's Responsibilities. Abelson, Mark B.; Welch, Donna; Lynch, Shawnee M. // Review of Ophthalmology;Aug2000, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p86
Presents information on good clinical practices (GCP) and the responsibilities of the investigator in clinical research. Overview of GCP; Need for the study to be conducted in compliance with institutional review board regulations; Monitors to review the conduct of clinical trials; Duties of...
- Critical Appraisal of Primary Clinical Studies: Part 1. Kraus, Mark A.; Lash, James P. // Kidney;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p137
Part I. Focuses on the steps required to critically review a report of primary clinical data and to decide if its findings should be allowed to influence clinical practice. Title and abstract; Defining the author's rationale for the study; Outline of the study design.
- A message from the Editor-in-Chief. Dart, Richard A. // Clinical Medicine & Research;Feb2004, Vol. 2 Issue 1, preceding p1
Presents information on the periodical "Clinical Medicine & Research."
- A cutting-edge job? Consider research. Grofsik, Julie S.; Sauers, Jennifer A.; Ferraro, Julia // RN;Sep97, Vol. 60 Issue 9, p55
Reports on the development of drugs, procedures and vaccines through clinical research conducted by research nurses (RN) in the United States. Benefits available to nurses conducting clinical research; Factors associated with conducting clinical research; Information on a survey conducted by...
- VA Palo Alto Rehabilitation Research and Development Center of Excellence on Mobility. // Journal of Rehabilitation Research & Development;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 37 Issue 2, pix
Editorial. Focuses on the mission of the VA Palo Alto Center of Excellence on Mobility in Palo Alto, California. Clinical emphasis of the center; Approach used by the center to ensure rapid clinical deployment of the developed treatments and devices; Agencies which support the center.
- Clinical research offers solid revenue opportunity. Baum, Neil H. // Urology Times;Jan99, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p28
Focuses on the benefits of clinical research to urologists. Intellectual challenge; Full fee-for-service compensation; Responsibilities of research.
- THE INQUIRING PHYSICIAN. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Apr63, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p697
Presents an excerpt from the article 'The Inquiring Physician,' by Wesley W. Spink, published in 'The Journal of Laboratory and Clinical Medicine' in 1951. Physician's need to have a concept of clinical research; Role of patients in clinical research; Importance of observation of patients and...