Plan the perfect package
- Gardner Merchant hosts Images '95. // Nation's Restaurant News;7/10/95, Vol. 29 Issue 27, p80
Reports that Gardner Merchant Food Service helped raised $50,000 to benefit the New Jersey Center for Visual Arts when it catered Images '95, a black-tie fundraiser held at the Matsushita Electric Corp. of America.
- Gardner Merchant revamps Pizza Gusta. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/20/95, Vol. 29 Issue 46, p54
Announces Gardner Merchant's relaunch of the Pizza Gusta, its signature pizza and pasta program, after reconfiguring its menu and recipes. Background on the revamped program.
- An operatic theme on hospitality. N.H. // BRW;11/13/95, Vol. 17 Issue 44, p109
Reports on how Sydney, Australia-based catering firm Gardner Merchant Australia was able to win all catering contracts at the Sydney Opera House. Company's efforts to win the contracts.
- Sodexho to acquire Gardner Merchant. Kapner, Suzanne // Nation's Restaurant News;1/30/95, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p1
Reports on Sodexho's agreement to acquire London, England-based Gardner Merchant Food Services Incorporated. Purchase price; Assumption of the British company's debt; Benefit of the acquisition for Sodexho; Financial performance of Gardner Merchant in 1994; Main reason for the merger.
- Sodexho, Gardner Merchant adjusting to new `marriage'. Kapner, Suzanne // Nation's Restaurant News;2/20/95, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p28
Reports on the adjustment process following the merger of the Sodexho and Gardner Merchant companies. Minimal change in terms of product, service and operations; Ironing out of fine points; Arrangements in different countries.
- Morrison seals $100 million sale of Hospitality Group. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/22/94, Vol. 28 Issue 33, p2
Reports that Morrison Restaurants Inc. has completed the sale of its Morrison Hospitality Group to Gardner Merchant Food Services Inc. for $100 million. Use of proceeds of sale; Purchase of education and foodservice accounts.
- Gardner Merchant serves up sustenance at MS Walk. // Nation's Restaurant News;5/22/95, Vol. 29 Issue 21, p170
Reports on the participation of Gardner Merchant's Metropolitan Region in the National Multiple Sclerosis Society's 7th annual MS Walk, held in April 1995 in New York City. Donation of food; Membership as a corporate walking team.
- Gardner Merchant spirit survives merger. // Nation's Restaurant News;1/8/96, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p18
Reports that Gardner Merchant USA and Sodexho USA have merged. Comments from Stephen Brady, vice president of strategy and marketing for Sodexho USA; Terms of merger.
- Morrison's shift spurs Hospitality Group sale. Allen, Robin Lee // Nation's Restaurant News;7/11/94, Vol. 28 Issue 27, p1
Reports on the decision of foodservice company Morrison Restaurants Inc. to sell the Morrison Hospitality Group and phase out its L&N Seafood Grills in line with the company's effort to focus on its high-growth businesses. Sale of Morrison's education, business and industry accounts to Gardner...