In search of a frame
- Frames for all seasons. Derrick, Stuart // Event;Jun2004, p33
Reports on the growing market for temporary corporate entertainment facilities in England as of June 2004. Benefits of such facilities; Description; Reasons cited for the market growth; Examples.
- Double-whammy for De Boer with airshow work. // Event;May2008, p17
The article reports that De Boer Structures will provide the Farnborough International Airshow, which runs in Hampshire, England, from July 14-20, 2008, with its largest temporary structure. It notes that the structure will integrate exhibition halls and the Centennial Pavilion. It cites that...
- ALH lists top 20 North American scaffolders. // American Lift & Handlers;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p6
The article announces the top 20 North American erecting and dismantling scaffolders based on revenues generated in 2009.
- Standing Tall. Blackburn, Emma // Rental Equipment Register;Jun2002, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p38
Provides information on the modular and frame scaffold systems introduced in the U.S. Reasons that European contractors favor aluminum scaffolds against traditional and powered access systems in specific situations; Function of glass-reinforced plastic (GRP) scaffolds; Main benefits of GRP.
- Folly for a Flyover is assembled. // Building Design;7/1/2011, Issue 1972, p1
A review is offered of the Folly for a Flyover temporary structure located in Hackney, London, England.
- 15-Minute Emergency Shelter. McKinnon, Shannon // Cottage Magazine;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p46
The article offers step-by-step instructions for building an emergency shelter using T-posts, tarp and livestock panels.
- Info file. // Marketing Event;May99, p47
Discusses how the marquee sector can be divided into three types of structure. Pole tent; Aluminum structure; Temporary structure; Cost and availability of each.
- Surprise firefighters get upgraded temporary fire station. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;10/22/2013, p1
The article reports that a temporary fire station in Surprise, Arizona that is serving a sparsely populated area in planned development will be shifted to another site along with an upgrade to a pre-engineered building from the double-wide trailer and tent.
- IPAF publishes templates for MCWPs. // American Lift & Handlers;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p31
The article reports on the published three forms/templates by the International Powered Access Federation (IPAF) for mast climbing work platform (MCWP) safety and best practices which include the MCWP Handover Certificate, MCWP Load Chart, and the MCWP Thorough Examination.