Miller Freeman buys US shows
- Miller Freeman expands again. // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Apr99, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p19
Discloses that global information group Miller Freeman Inc. has acquired Continuing Medical Education, a for-profit provider of continuing medical education for United States physicians.
- Miller Freeman details plans for CMP brand, reorganizes into 3 divisions. Callahan, Sean // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Oct99, Vol. 84 Issue 10, p28
Reports on events associated with the acquisition of CMP Media by Miller Freeman. Reorganization of the brand into high technology, business-to-business and interactive divisions; Pursuit of Internet initial public offering strategy; Centralization of operating structure at the company's San...
- KBB buy Expotile. // Builders Merchants Journal;Jul99, p6
Reports the acquisition of Expotile company by Miller Freeman, organizer of KBB 2000 exhibition. Details on the acquisition agreement; Implication of the acquisition.
- Centaur seals ...10m deal for Miller Freeman magazines. // Marketing Week;4/8/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p13
Reports on the purchase of the magazine and newsletter businesses of Miller Freeman UK by Centaur Communications. Purchase price; Scope of acquired portfolio; Reason for acquisition.
- CMP Media weighs future. Strugatch, Warren // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);05/21/99, Vol. 46 Issue 21, p5A
Reports on the planned merger between CMP Media and Miller Freeman. `Bloomberg Business News' article about acquirer United News & Media's plan for CMP; Overview on the financial performance of CMP for 1998; Long Island, New York business executives' confidence that CMP would remain an active...
- Miller Freeman's push. Callahan, Sean // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;May99, Vol. 84 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the expansion activities of Miller Freeman Inc. United News & Media's acquisition of CMP Media; Reasons for the expansion of the company.
- Future Unclear For Miller Freeman Staff. Steil, Jennifer F. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;10/1/2000, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p13
Focuses on Dutch publisher VNU's plan to merge Miller Freeman Inc. into subsidiary Bill Communications. Closure of headquarters of Miller Freeman USA in San Francisco, California; Job opportunities in New York for employees in the San Francisco office.
- MICHAEL MARCHESANO. Moseley, Bob // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;03/15/2001, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p44
Focuses on the Bill Communications president Michael Marchesano's role in overseeing the absorption of Miller Freeman's assets into his company, following the latter's acquisition by the former's parent company, VNU. Challenges associated with the integration; Background information on Dutch...
- Reed Elsevier Acquires Maison & Objet/Macef. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Sep2000, Vol. 101 Issue 9, p24
Reports the contract signed by Reed Elsevier PLC with United News & Media PLC to purchase the company including Miller Freeman Europe. Integration planned for the business; Major exhibitions included in the deal; Significance of the acquisition.