Time for us to unite under one umbrella
- 'Event marketing' survives dinner party litmus test. Jones, Neil // Event;Jan2005, p8
Offers views on the work of special event organizers. Impression of people on special event organizers; Challenges in promoting special events.
- Finding Your Way Through the Maze: How Corporate Event Planners use Independent Event Planners. White, Jane T. // Special Events;Jan2006, Vol. 25 Issue 1, preceding p98
Presents information on how corporate event planners use independent event planners. Role of an independent planner as seen by a corporate planner; Specific area of expertise of an independent planner in a certain kind of event; Factors which should be considered by independent planners in...
- Cloud busting. Stanbridge, Jane // Event;Mar2005, p35
Focuses on the problem posed by the unpredictable British climate to event managers and organizers. Experiences of event managers who have to move an outside event indoors due to sudden climate changes; Preparations and planning being done by event organizers in case bad weather threatens an...
- Questions raised about the future of associations. Ledger, Alison // Conference & Incentive Travel;Jul/Aug2014, p5
The article focuses on the criticisation of the Event and Visual Communication Association (EVCOM) following the merger between event designer Eventia and the Indian Private Equity and Venture Capital Association (IVCA) and concerns over the need for Institute of Event Management (IEM).
- Successful Entertaining Calls for Planning Skills. Akin, Neal // San Diego Business Journal;7/29/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 30, p13
Suggests strategies in planning special events. Hiring a caterer or special events planner to coordinate the hard work involved in staging a respectable event; Securing the location for the event; Key information that should be obtained in planning the food that should be prepared.
- Eliminate pre-event stress by planning. Somerville, Maris // Communication World;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p37
Presents guidelines for planning special events. Client coordination; Scheduling and attendance; Promotional material; Professional services; Preparation and rehearsal.
- Expressing gratitude can go a long way. Hetrick, Bruce // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/5/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 52, p49
Focuses on the author's realization of the value of gratitude learned while participating in a special event organizing committee. Exploration of strategies to tout the importance of the event; Dynamics with colleagues which brought out the importance of expressing gratitude in achieving the...
- Keeping check of the elements. Thurtle, Gary // Marketing Event;May99, p39
Provides tips on hosting an outdoor event. How to minimize costs; Ways to deal with the unpredictability of venues; How to deal with noise.
- Special Events -- Three Keys To Financial Success. // Tennessee Tribune;8/12/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 32, p14A
The article presents three activities which will help ensure the financial success of a special event launched by an organization including establishing partnerships, addressing specific financial objectives and attracting new volunteers.