Sports sponsors to extend power
- Higher authority prevails in battle over sponsorship. Koranteng, Juliana // Advertising Age International;Jul97, pI6
Focuses on the decision of Court of Arbitration for Sports in Switzerland that the International Rowing Federation (FISA) should control sponsorship rights to national team's clothing and equipment. Impact of the decision on sponsorship of other sports; Possibility of reconsideration of the...
- Sponsorship. // Advertising Age's Euromarketing;8/6/96, Vol. 9 Issue 47, p6
Reports on sports sponsorship in Europe. Sponsorship offer worth $15 million over three years by Carlsberg and Tele Denmark to Danish Tour de France champion Bjarne Riis; Watch company FreeStyle's sponsorship of the 1996 Junior Lacanau Pro Junior surf competition; Increase in French sponsorship...
- New French tarmac team. // Bicycling;Sep/Oct95, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p20
Reports that La Francais des Jeux, the French National Lottery, has agreed to sponsor a cycling team.
- Sports grows. Weinman, Keith // Colorado Business Magazine;May97, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p77
Reports the growing sports sponsorships in the United States according to the national sports marketing consultant Dean Bonham. Monetary increase from 1979 to 1997; Facts, trends and issues on sports sponsorship; Other information.
- Getting the most out of your most valuable `sponsored' player. Sherry, Greg // Public Relations Tactics;Jun97, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p15
Gives advice on how to get the most out of a sponsored athlete. Outline of rules in the contract; Plan for prioritizing time; Search for opportunities to reach national media.
- Going sponsorship route with road access. // Advertising Age;8/14/1995, Vol. 66 Issue 32, p25
Presents a selection of events and properties seeking sponsors. Includes Paris-Dakar Rally on December 1995 to January 1996; `An Act of Right & Justice' exhibit; Sponsorship opportunities of automobile and motorbike races sanctioned by the American Motorcyclist Association; Moline, Illinois...
- Sponsorquest. // Advertising Age;8/21/95, Vol. 66 Issue 33, p30
Informs about scheduled sports-events sponsorships in the US, as reported on August 21, 1995. US Space Camp Expo's search for sponsors for 1996 North American tour of fairs and festivals; Acceptance of sponsors by Senior Lifestyle Expo, Westmont, Illinois for its commercial and entertainment...
- F1 in struggle to sell Â£70m worth of sponsorships. Kleinman, Mark // Marketing (00253650);4/3/2003, p4
Reports on Great Britain's Formula One sponsorship deal that has remained unsold in 2003. Statistical figures showing sports still can convince sponsors to invest during economic uncertainty.
- Are advertisers still keen on football sponsorship deals? Reid, Alasdair // Campaign (UK);04/24/98, Issue 17, p18
Questions whether football sponsorship may be still popular in the advertising arena. Indepth look at football sponsorship; Comments made by Mark Palmer, head of Communication strategy at BMP Optimum; Views of Alex Flynn, ex-deputy chairman of Saatchi and Saatchi and football industry...
- Minor League no more! Bradley, Sam // Brandweek;2/26/96, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p38
Reports on the sponsorship support second-tier sports are getting from some major marketers in the United States. Involvement at ground level; Launching of Major League Soccer, Major Indoor Lacrosse League, Roler Hockey International and Association of Volleyball Professional; Factors that...