New wing for Science venue
- It hasn't all gone to seed. Rich, Tim // Design Week;12/6/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 49, p10
Describes a science and exhibition center at Wakehurst Place gardens in Sussex, England. Interior decoration of the exhibition space; Features of the building.
- Taking In the Sites. // BioScience;Jul99, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p578
Reviews a number of museum websites. Development of a web site by the Franklin Institute Science Museum; Humorous look at science found at the Ontario Science Centre's website; The Exploratorium of San Francisco, California and its website; The Cyberspace Museum of Natural History and...
- World first gets underway in Newcastle. // Journal of Biological Education (Society of Biology);Autumn97, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p162
Announces the start of building work on the science-based International Centre for Life in Newcastle, England. Center's aim to explore the genetic recipe that makes every human being unique; Sources of funding for the project; High-technology visitor attraction; Millennium Commission's...
- You could go interactive at Techniquest. // Engineer (00137758);1/23/2004, Vol. 293 Issue 7643, p50
Features the Cardiff-based Techniquest, the first purpose-built science center in Great Britain. Year of its establishment; Reinforcement of education and to allow people of all ages to engage in science and technology; Number of interactive exhibits housed by Techniquest.
- CITTÃ€ DELLA SCIENZA: RISING FROM THE ASHES. // Dimensions (1528820X);May/Jun2014, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p16
The article discusses the move of CittÃ della Scienza, a science center in Naples, Italy, to partner with the Association of Science-Technology Centers (ASTC) and the MIT Museum for the construction of a new exhibition space.
- MISSOURI: STL'S New Science Space. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/28/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33357, p9
The article announces the plan of Saint Louis Science Center to build an exhibition hall replacing its temporary Exploradome space in Missouri.
- Gateway project sponsor defends Flandrau arch. Moore, Philip S. // Inside Tucson Business;9/12/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p3
Focuses on the proposal for a new Flandrau Science Center sponsored by Tucson Gateway Vision Development Corp. in Tucson, Arizona. Comments of David Hoyt, Tucson Arts Council's director of public art, regarding the significance of the project in arts and science; Discussion on the cost of the...
- LEADING THE WAY IN TURKEY. S. B. // Dimensions (1528820X);May/Jun2014, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p8
The article highlights the opening of a new space at the Turkey-based Bursa Science and Technology Center. The new indoor exhibition space has 270 hands-on exhibits on a range of scientific disciplines as well as includes a video wall, a planetarium, a three-dimensional theater, and simulators....
- Textile Exhibition 1970: A Letter from the President. Kerr-Muir, R. J. // Textile Institute & Industry;Dec1968, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p336
The article cites a letter from the president to several textile industries in Great Britain. The purpose of the letter was to inform industries about the availability of Science Museum in the 1970 Diamond Jubilee Year of the Textile Institute. Industries could have a six-month exhibition in...