FMG turns eye on Docklands
- Tales of the canal bank. Seton, Craig // Public Finance;05/03/96, p12
Focuses on British Waterways, a government owned corporate bodies and its struggle to exist despite of decreasing grants. Functions of British Waterways; Financial problem of the waterways; One of the British Waterways' biggest problem.
- Unplugged for action. // Professional Engineering;11/05/97, Vol. 10 Issue 20, p4
Reports on British Waterways' start of the restoration of the Kennet and Avon Canal. Support for the project from Heritage Lottery Fund.
- Visionary Canal Recreationway Plan adopted. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;1/8/96, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p22
Reports that the visionary blueprint has been approved for the revitalization of the 524-mile New York State Canal System called the Canal Recreationway Plan. Results of public hearings meetings; Benefits of canal.
- Brighter future for boat lift. // New Scientist;4/9/94, Vol. 142 Issue 1920, p10
Reports on British Waterway's restoration of the Anderson Lift for canal boats that links the Trent and Mersey Canal with the River Weaver in Cheshire, England. Counterbalanced tanks of the lift; Cost of restoring the lift; English Heritage as possible contributor of funds.
- Â£500m splashed out to revitalise urban canals. Wehner, Piers // Estates Gazette;3/23/2002, Issue 212, p36
Focuses on the plan of British Waterways to revive waterways in Great Britain. Cost of the redevelopment plan; Canals involved in the plan; Joint venture partners; Key elements of the redevelopment plan.
- In brief. Barnard, Lucy // Estates Gazette;3/29/2003, Issue 313, p38
Presents several news briefs related to the real estate industry as of March 2003. Relocation of the head office of Housebuilders Federation and the Construction Confederation; Appointment of director and associate director at DTZ Residential; Sale of land in Oxford, England by British...
- Digging deep for canal expansion. // International Construction;Oct2002, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p43
Focuses on the use of a R 974 Liebherr Litronic crawler excavator in a canal improvement project that involves the creation of a new waterway intersection on the Elbe river in Germany. Features of the excavator.
- A Landmark For Scotland. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Mar2002, p22
Features the Falkirk wheel, a part of the project of British Waterways that reopens and reconnects the Forth & Clyde Canal and the Union Canal between Glasgow and Edinburgh in Scotland. Purpose of the wheel; Design of the wheel; Operational process of the wheel.
- INNOVATIVE SOLUTION FOR THE GAMTOOS BODKER PIPELINE PROJECT. Paterson, Brent // Civil Engineering (10212000);Jun2011, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p73
The article focuses on the rehabilitation program of the Gamtoos canal system in the Eastern Cape by the Department of Water Affairs (DWA). It states that DWA used Agilia self-compacting concrete to repair the Bodker Tunnel. It indicates that the rehabilitation works involved lining the tunnel...