- WPP Takes Piece of Uniworld Pie. Sampey, Kathleen // Adweek Midwest Edition;06/19/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 25, p100
Deals with the acquisition of certain percentage share on UniWorld company by WPP Group company. Brief information on both advertising agencies; Purpose of the acquisition.
- Age before beauty. Gottesman, Alan // Adweek Eastern Edition;1/6/1997, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p16
Reports on the performance of WPP Group's stocks in 1996. Blue chip indicator advancement; Comparison with other stocks; Performance of advertising stocks in down markets and bull markets.
- Art & commerce. Gottesman, Alan // Adweek Western Edition;07/13/98, Vol. 48 Issue 28, p12
Assesses the performance of advertising stocks in the United States. Outperformance of blue-chip end of the stock market in second quarter of 1998; Investors' anticipation of gains in June 1998; Optimism by WPP Group that operating units will move upwards; Impact of Asian economy collapse;...
- WPP buys stake in LG Ad. Madden, Normandy; Wentz, Laurel // Advertising Age;12/9/2002, Vol. 73 Issue 49, p20
Reports on the decision of WPP Group to buy stocks at LG Ad, an advertising agency in South Korea. Terms of the deal; Examples of advertising accounts handled by LG Ad.
- WPP Takes Piece of Uniworld Pie. Sampey, Kathleen // Adweek New England Edition;06/19/2000, Vol. 37 Issue 25, p100
Reports that the WPP Group has taken a stake in Uniworld, an ethnic advertising agency. Percentage of stake acquired by WPP; Statement issued by Uniworld founder Byron Lewis; Growth in Uniworld billings in 1999; Reason why WPP pursued a stake from Uniworld.
- FYI ... Wentz, Laurel // Advertising Age;4/25/2005, Vol. 76 Issue 17, p30
Reports that WPP Group has a bought stocks in Sra. Rushmore in Madrid, Spain.
- AdWatch. Cardona, Mercedes M. // Advertising Age;3/22/2004, Vol. 75 Issue 12, p8
Reports on the performance of the stocks of advertising agencies in the stock markets in the U.S. Losses posted by WPP Group; Performance of startup businesses; Factors that influenced the performance of the market.
- WPP agrees to honour Tempus takeover at original share price. Tylee, John // Campaign;11/9/2001, Issue 45, p2
Reports the agreement to takeover the original share price of Tempus by WPP in Great Britain. Impact of terrorist attack on business of Tempus; Strategic benefits of the merger; Deal to be paid on the share.
- AdMarket50. // Advertising Age;11/5/2001, Vol. 72 Issue 45, p48
The article presents the "Advertising Age" and Bloomberg AdMarket 50 index of leading publicly traded marketers, agency and media companies, for the week ended November 2, 2001, based on stock trading data supplied by Bloomberg financial news service. The comparisons are based on closing prices...