- Millennium Dome. Bidlake, Suzanne // Advertising Age International;06/14/99, p47
Reports on corporate sponsors of the 2000 millennium celebration at the Millennium Dome in Greenwich, England. Dome as a government-run project; Expected revenues from foreign visitors; Marketing plans of major sponsors; Need for corporate sponsors to comply with guidelines established by New...
- ...As sponsors face poor returns. // Marketing Week;11/16/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 42, p8
Discusses the disappointment of sponsors of the Millennium Dome over the low number of visitors to the Greenwich, England-based attraction. Sponsorship cost; Figures on the number of visitors since the Dome's opening on New Year's day 2000; Impact of the Dome's poor publicity on its sponsors.
- Dome raises doubts on sponsorship value. Darby, Ian // Marketing (00253650);1/20/2000, p15
Analyzes the value of the Greenwich, England-based Millennium Dome for sponsors in Great Britain. Implications for corporate sponsorship in the region; Criticisms regarding certain aspects of the sponsors' involvement in the Dome; Difficulty in comparing sponsorships for the Doma with other...
- Millennium Dome's failure is a lesson to would-be sponsors. Beale, Claire // Campaign;06/02/2000, Issue 22, p2
Comments on the failure of the Millennium Dome in London, England, to live-up to its projected investment potentials. Inability of the Dome to host the 37th International Advertising Association Congress in June 2000 due to financial problems; Commercial sponsors' private calls for an early...
- Power to the sponsor. Fletcher, Mike // Marketing Event;Mar2000, p19
Deals with the success of Ford Motor Co.'s sponsorship of the Millennium Dome in Greenwich, England. Factors that drive the replacement of Jennie Page as chief executive of the Dome; Implication of the changes in management of Dome on the world of corporate sponsorship; Predicted growth of...
- Millennium Dome hands out free tickets to backers's staff. // Marketing Week;11/11/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 41, p6
Reports that the financial backers of the Millennium Dome in Greenwich, England are giving away free and discounted tickets to their staff. Worth of free tickets offered to employees of British Telecommunications, Roche, Tesco, Marks & Spencer and Ford; Need for the dome to attract 12 million...
- Millennium Dome has stretched the truth beyond breaking point. Bullmore, Jeremy // Marketing (00253650);2/10/2000, p14
Criticizes the advance publicity for the London, England-based Millennium Dome that contained claims of fevered imbecility. Marketing campaign for the Dome; Discrepancies between promise and delivery; Concept of Proposition Elasticity formulated by the author.
- Scapegoats won't help Dome find its way out of disaster. Dignam, Conor // Marketing (00253650);2/10/2000, p15
Criticizes the failed promotion and public relations campaign for the London, England-based Millennium Dome. Sponsors' criticism on New Millennium Experience Co.'s (NMEC) running and marketing of the attraction; Resignation of NMEC chief executive officer Jennie Page; Need for the Dome to live...
- Tesco left 20,000 short in giveaway of Dome passes. // Marketing (00253650);3/30/2000, p12
Reveals that Tesco was left 20,000 short in promotional Millennium Dome tickets in London, England. Mechanics of the promotional scheme.