Sizing up for global gains
- Legal war brews on Dutch merger. Goddard, Charlotte // Marketing Event;Oct98, p4
Reports that RAI Group (Amsterdam RAI) and Jaarbeurs Utrecht are taking legal action against Dutch regulatory body NMa, the Netherlands equivalent of the Monopolies and Mergers Commission. Reason behind the legal action; Decision to begin legal proceedings.
- Jaarbeurs fillip for China retail. // Marketing Event;Apr99, p13
Reports on the partnership of Jaarbeurs Utrecht with Keylong Exhibition Service Co. to co-organize the China Retail Conference and Exposition Shanghai at the Shanghai International Centre on September 26-29, 1999. Comments from Keylong exhibition organizer David Zhong.
- Chinese link for Jaarbeurs. // Marketing Event;Nov/Dec97, p12
Announces the Hua-Nan 1998, a joint trade show covering agriculture and horticulture in Southern China to be sponsored by Jaarbeurs Utrecht and Guangdong International Trade & Exhibition Corp.
- EXHIBITORS CRY OUCH! Chatfield-Taylor, Cathy // Association Meetings;Feb2003, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p18
Focuses on the financial problems being experienced by the exhibitions industry in the U.S. Percentage of the decrease of exhibitor budget in 2002; Effects of mergers and acquisition on the number of exhibiting companies; Actions that should be taken by exhibition managers to increase...
- IN BRIEF. // Builders Merchants Journal;Oct2002, p6
Reports business developments in the Great Britain as of October 2002. Acquisition of Flexipipe Ltd. by Uponor; Schedule for the annual trade show of Unimer.
- RAI RESHAPES CANUCK TURF. Tillson, Tamsen // Daily Variety;8/6/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 23, p11
Reports on the cancellation of the long-term supply agreement between cable channel Telelatino Network (TLN) and television network RAI International in Toronto, Ontario. Plan of RAI to launch an Italian-language digital specialty channel; Views of TLN president Aldo di Felice on the issue;...
- Atlanta show reveals niche strategies. // Home Textiles Today;8/5/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 47, p9
Highlights the Altanta Rug Market trade show in the U.S. Companies participating in the event; Acquisition of Rainbow Rugs by Natco; Driving factor behind the Custom Border collection of Karastan.
- REC takes control of incentive show. White, Sara // Marketing Event;Nov/Dec2000, p11
Reports that Reed Exhibition Companies (REC) has acquired the National Incentive Show. Number of exhibitors at the year 2000 National Incentive Show; Reasons behind the acquisition of the show by REC.
- Society/Industry NEWS. // American Ceramic Society Bulletin;Jul2000, Vol. 79 Issue 7, p19
Reports developments in the ceramic industries as of July 2000. Completion of the agreement between manufacturer Owens-Illinois Inc. and BOC Gases; Acquisition of brick manufacturer Westerwald Industriekeramik GmbH by The Rath Group; Details of the exhibit areas at the Corning Museum of Glass.