New footwear brand at XS 99
- Selling out. // BMX Plus;Feb2002, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p36
Comments on the commercialization of extreme sports . Concerns regarding the impact of corporate sponsorships on the sport; Riders' attitudes towards using the sport as a vehicle for product advertising; Key issues and concerns on extreme sports gaining mainstream acceptance in the U.S.
- X-vertisements. O'Donnell, Paul; Stevenson, Seth; Kwon, Beth; Oxfeld, Jesse // Newsweek;4/26/1999, Vol. 133 Issue 17, p6
Mentions April 1999 initiation of competition for the ESPN X Games on television, including skateboarders, bicycle stunt riders, in-line skaters and others. Dollar value of corporate sponsorship.
- Christi Wiehahn. // Transworld Skateboarding;Feb2004, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p272
Features professional skateboarder Christi Wiehahn. Age; Hometown of Wiehahn; Corporate sponsors.
- Gilbert Marin. Young, Brian // Transworld Skateboarding;Feb2004, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p274
Features professional skateboarder Gilbert Marin. Age; Hometown of Marin; Corporate sponsors.
- John Kroesser. Gee, Ryan // Transworld Skateboarding;Feb2004, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p276
Features professional skateboarder John Kroesser. Age; Hometown of Kroesser; Corporate sponsors.
- Jameson Decew. Peterson, Sean // Transworld Skateboarding;Feb2004, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p278
Features professional skateboarder Jameson Decew. Age; Hometown of Decew; Corporate sponsors.
- Josh Maready. Clements, Ryan // Transworld Skateboarding;Feb2004, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p280
Features professional skateboarder Josh Maready. Age; Hometown of Maready; Corporate sponsors.
- Maxell Targets Youth Market With X Games Campaign. Laposky, John // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;7/17/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p54
The article reports on Maxwell's deal with ESPN to sponsor X Games 12, the action sports competition. The deal will leverage a promotions and advertising campaign featuring Maxell's Blow Away icon and the X Games property. The campaign officially started in May 2006 with a billboard in New...
- New Balance Inks Fitness TV Deal. Clack, Erin // FN: Footwear News;1/23/2006, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p4
This article reports on an agreement signed by New Balance as of January 23, 2006 to serve as an official sponsor of Exercisetv, a new on-demand network dedicated to fitness, sports instruction and motivational programming. Some pieces of background information on Exercisetv are offered. A...