Demos backed by British Meat
- Exotic Destination. Disbrowe, Paula // Restaurant Business;01/01/2001, Vol. 100 Issue 1, p47
Presents an overview of menu and cooking innovations that are likely to arise in the United States in 2001. Increased popularity of ethnic cuisines; Enhancement of quality of food; Overall increase in variety; Evolution of traditional conception of what constitutes a meal.
- Defining and refining New World Cuisine. // Restaurant Hospitality;Oct94, Vol. 78 Issue 10, p85
Presents menu ideas from some ethnic food restaurants in the United States. Oriental squid salad with Thai lemon vinaigrette from Z Contemporary Cuisine in Cleveland, Ohio; Mongolian lamb with bamboo offshoots and hoisin sauce from Trader Vic's in Beverly Hills, Calif.; Chicken satay with Thai...
- Use of ethnic produce is on the rise. // Food Management;Jul98, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p14
Looks at the sales statistics of several ethnic produce used in American cookery as presented by the Information Resources Inc.
- Ethnic light. Schrambling, Regina // Health (Time Inc. Health);Sep93, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p39
Presents ethnic foods which have undergone changes to cater to health-conscious consumers. Italian; French; Mexican; Chinese; Greek; Restaurant and chef profiles; Recipes; Ingredients for stocking the kitchen.
- Tree's company. Afiya, Amanda // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;5/30/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4224, p52
Reports on the second annual Chef Eats Out event in 2002 that was held at the Walnut Tree Inn in Gwent, Wales sponsored by British Meat. Number of chefs who attended the event; Career background of Stephen Terry, chef-proprietor at Walnut Tree; Menu served at the event.
- La Bella Cucina. Thorn, Bret // Nation's Restaurant News;9/12/2005 Supplement, p12
The article focuses on the developments of ethnic cuisine in the U.S. A survey of ethnic cuisines reported that Italian food ranked first with 55 percent followed by Chinese food with 53 percent and Mexican following at 40 percent. An examination of some of the variety of Italian food are also...
- Ethnic Variety Spices Sales. Feig, Barry // Frozen Food Age;Feb2001, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p15
Reports that more money is spent on eating in ethnic restaurants in the United States than in home. Two of the varieties in the Ethnic Gourmet line of frozen entrees manufactured by Ethnic Gourmet Foods Inc.; Change in the approach to purchasing ethnic cuisine; Essence of fusion food.
- Ethnical eats. // National Provisioner;Oct95, Vol. 209 Issue 10, p43
Focuses on the popularity of ethnic foods in the United States. Ethnic origin; Incorporation of Mexican theme; Meat seasonings.
- In the Pan-Carribbean Kitchen. Sokolov, Raymond // Natural History;Nov88, Vol. 97 Issue 11, p84
Discusses the cuisine of Puerto Rico and its culturally-large tradition. Cuban, Dominican and Spanish influences on Puerto Rican food.