New owner for Nextep
- Obesity impacts on protection. Payne, Steve // Mortgage Strategy (Online Edition);4/16/2014, p29
The article focuses on the findings of the annual report released by chief medical officer for England Dame Sally Davies which revealed the state of health in the country, which particular focused on the increasing number of overweight and obese individuals, as of April 2014.
- IN BRIEF. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;5/22/2010, Vol. 340 Issue 7756, p1104
This section offers news briefs related to medical care in Great Britain as of May 2010 including the appointment of Sally Davies as acting chief medical officer for England, the need for doctors to maintain confidentiality of the patients who stalk them, and the guidelines on medical research...
- Vitamin D pills advised for under-fives to avoid rickets. // South Asian Post;2/3/2011, p10
The article discusses the recommendation by Sally Davies, director general of research and development in Great Britain, regarding the benefits of administering vitamin D supplements on children between six months and five years to avoid rickets.
- Line of least resistance. Barrett, Michael // New Statesman;11/1/2013, Vol. 142 Issue 5182, p50
A review is presented of the book "The Drugs Don't Work: A Global Threat," by Sally C. Davies.
- THE GP WILL SEE YOU NOW. Jones, Roger // British Journal of General Practice;July 2014, Vol. 64 Issue 624, p355
No abstract available.
- Untitled. // Farmers Weekly;3/15/2013, Vol. 159 Issue 11, p57
The article discusses the developments in the livestock industry in Great Britain. It cites the claim by England's chief medical officer, professor Sally Davies, that the overuse of antibiotics in livestock farming has contributed to the resistance in drugs used in human medicine. It also...
- Death could follow minor surgery. // British Dental Journal;4/7/2013, Vol. 214 Issue 7, p329
The article reports on the warning of England's Chief Medical Officer Professor Dame Sally Davies that there is a need for a global action on the catastrophic threat of antimicrobial resistance.
- Leadership: New year's resolutions. // Nature;1/1/2015, Vol. 517 Issue 7532, p15
The article shares professional and personal goals of several scientists for 2015. Topics noted include National Aeronautic Space Administration chief scientist Ellen R. Stofan's goal of sending humans to Mars safely to inspire a career in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics,...
- CMO raises flu jab target for GPs. // GP: General Practitioner;3/25/2011, p3
The article reports that Sally Davies, chief medical officer in England, has urged to increase the uptake of flu jab by the pregnant women. According to her, general practitioners should try to immunize around 60 percent of pregnant women against flu. Davies mentioned that increasing vaccination...