Calls to appoint events minister
- Key foreign policy players. // Christian Science Monitor;11/13/96, Vol. 88 Issue 244, p20
Editorial. Presents information on president of the United States, Bill Clinton's reshuffling of his Cabinet in 1996. Challenges which will be faced by those who take up the post in the departments of State and Defense; Opportunities and responsibilities of those in charge of these departments.
- Nominations submitted to the Senate. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;01/02/95, Vol. 30 Issue 52, p2540
Reveals that no nominations were submitted to the US Senate for the week ended December 30, 1994.
- Clinton fills a few holes in his cabinet. // RCR;12/16/96, Vol. 15 Issue 50, p6
Presents information on appointments of persons to United States' President Bill Clinton's cabinet. Who has been appointed as Commerce Department Secretary; Circumstances surrounding a certain appointment; Details on other nominees and positions appointed to; Comments from president, Bill Clinton.
- Mix and match. McGeary, Johanna; Angelo, Bonnie // Time;12/16/1996, Vol. 148 Issue 27, p28
Deals with President Bill Clinton's appointments to his national security team in December 1996. Questions about the lack of direction the appointments seem to indicate; Appointees, including Madeleine Albright as the Secretary of State, William Cohen as Pentagon head, Samuel Berger as head of...
- Meet the firm of... Church, George J.; Duffy, Michael; al, et // Time;12/23/1996, Vol. 148 Issue 28, p30
Looks at the economic team assembled by President Bill Clinton for his second term in office. US Treasury Secretary Robert Rubin; White House Chief of Staff Erskine Bowles; Franklin Raines, head of the Office of Management and Budget; Secretary of Commerce William Daley; Gene Sperling, head of...
- Clinton's new Cabinet to keep centrist creed. Goodrich, Lawrence J.; Grier, Peter // Christian Science Monitor;11/8/96, Vol. 88 Issue 242, p1
Focuses on changes made to the President of the United States Bill Clinton's Cabinet during his second term in office. Comments from Georgetown University political scientist, Stephen Wayne; What the President could do by looking for in the change of Cabinet; Information on Cabinet members who...
- President's Cabinet choices signal no desire to provoke GOP... Shillinger, Kurt; Scherer, Ron // Christian Science Monitor;12/16/96, Vol. 89 Issue 15, p1
Focuses on the appointees to the cabinet of Bill Clinton, the 1996 reelected president of the United States. Reappointment of Janet Reno, as attorney general; Where Republican William Cohen was appointed; Reason Reno's return was in doubt; Who was appointed as deputy treasury secretary and...
- Hard-knock hearings: good for democracy? McLaughlin, Abraham; Chinni, Dante // Christian Science Monitor;1/17/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 36, p2
Discusses the idea that the hearings for United States Cabinet nominees is excessively personal and supplies reasons for the personal nature of the hearings.
- NEWS in BRIEF: Washington. Sack, Joetta L.; Robelen, Erik W.; Fine, Lisa; Walsh, Mark // Education Week;10/24/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p32
Reports educational developments in Washington. Appointment of Sally Stroup as assistant secretary for postsecondary education of the Department of Education; Recruitment of Dan Langan as press secretary for the United States Secretary of Education; Selection of a commission to study and...