Getting the balance right
- CORRECTING ADVERTISING MISCONCEPTIONS. McCarthy, Tom // Lodging Hospitality;4/1/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 5, p62
This article addresses several advertising misconceptions in the U.S. Many people honestly believe that advertising does not work and never give it another thought. Thinking of people who consider themselves to be excellent marketing people yet do not believe in the power of advertising, it is a...
- Nurturing the good eggs. Main, Beverley // Hospitality (11724285);Sep2007, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p15
The author reflects on the skills shortages among employees in hospitality industry in New Zealand. She cites the research of Grant Thornton International that the employers in the country are in need to resolve the skills shortages problems among hospitality employees to accommodate the...
- BRAND VS. INDEPENDENT Show Me the Value. King, Dan // Hospitality Upgrade;Summer2004, p19
Focuses on the reasons why hotel operators should not put a franchise on their hotels. Lack of brand loyalty of poor franchises; Factors that come with brand baggage such as poor quality controls, poor management and lack of brand marketing and senior management; Importance of curb appeal.
- Brand management. Dean, Phil // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;11/21/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4249, p46
Discusses the importance of brand management in the hospitality industry. Impact of reformatting brand management on a company's sales performance; Suggestions on improving the process of brand management.
- Mandarin builds new brand for expansion. Hamdi, Raini // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;2/21/2003, p11
Reports on the efforts of Mandarin Singapore to reposition its flagship hotel brand Meritus in Singapore. Number of hotels managed by hotel management company Meritus Hotel & Resorts; Changes in the logo of the company; Amount spent on renovation of Mandarin.
- VANTAGE HOSPITALITY GOES UPSCALE. // Lodging Hospitality;1/1/2006, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p18
This article reports on the introduction of The Lexington Collection of three- and four-diamond lodging segments by Vantage Hospitality Group. The brand's product lines include Lexington Hotels, Lexington Plaza, Lexington Suites and Lexington Resorts and Villas. The freedom of members to choose...
- French hotel firm plans resurrection of Pullman brand. Harwood, Jonathan // Marketing Week;12/6/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 49, p8
The article reports on the plan by the French hotel firm Accor SA to revive the Pullman Hotel brand as part of repositioning of its portfolio in Europe. The company is upgrading its Sofitel brand to luxury status as part of the changes. Furthermore, Accor is also relaunching its All Seasons...
- Envergure is all set to grow outside France. McClary, Samantha // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;12/4/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4302, p10
Reports on the plan of budget hotel company Group Envergure to expand its Campanile brand in the international market as of December 4, 2003. Estimated budget that will be allotted by the company for the expansion project; Countries targeted by Group Envergure for the expansion of its brand;...
- WHY MARKETING ISN'T WORKING IN THE HEALTH CARE ARENA. O'Conner, Christopher Patrick // Journal of Health Care Marketing;Winter82, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p31
Those who advocate marketing as a solution to problems which hospitals face have overstated their case. Only small portion of marketing as an academic discipline has been applied the hospital field and certain characteristics of the hospital industry preclude extensive application of marketing...