Advanstar in African move
- Rating the world's top 20 telecom hubs. // America's Network;09/01/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 13, p40
Presents a list of the world's top telecommunication areas as compiled by Advanstar Telecom Group editors. Method used in the rankings; Information on the top telecommunication areas worldwide.
- Telecom Investor debuts in June. // America's Network;05/01/99, Vol. 103 Issue 7, p18
Announces the publication of `Telecom Investor,' a magazine for senior telecommunication professionals in the United States. Frequency of publication; Issues tackled in the magazine; Other magazines published by Advanstar Telecom Group.
- Christine Shappell. // Audience Development;Apr2009, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p21
The article profiles Christine Shappell, audience development director at Advanstar. She has built a co-marketing plan that increased traffic and registrants to ModernMedicine.com, an online clinical decision-support resource for healthcare professionals. The promotion of the site included the...
- Advanstar looks at takeover bids. Roberts, Lauretta // Marketing Event;Jun2000, p6
Reports that the international exhibition organizer Advanstar is considering a trade sale after receiving a number of unsolicited offers. Comments from Advanstar European managing director Neil Jones; Growth and progress of Advanstar; Requirements of the company for a possible buyer.
- Advanstar first-quarter loss shrinks. Baird, Kristen // Crain's Cleveland Business;4/17/95, Vol. 16 Issue 16, p2
Reports on the improved financial health of Advanstar Communications of Middleburg Heights, Ohio. Reduction in operating losses for the first quarter of 1995; Reasons for the reduction.
- DSN's apparel merchandising to produce Magic Today. // Discount Store News;1/16/95, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p25
Reports that Magic International has tapped `Apparel Merchandising' magazine, supplement to `Discount Store News' (DSN), to co-produce the official show daily called Magic Today at Magic, the world's largest menswear and boyswear trade show.
- Advanstar purchases MAGIC International. // Discount Store News;5/11/98, Vol. 37 Issue 9, pA8
Reports that Boston, Massachusetts-based Advanstar Communications Inc. has acquired MAGIC International in April 1998. Assets expected to be contributed by MAGIC to Advanstar; Other acquisitions by Advanstar; Continued service of MAGIC's president and chief executive Joe Loggia in the firm.
- Advanstar taps Heid. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;12/01/97, Vol. 26 Issue 17, p23
Presents information on the selection and appointment of employees at Advanstar Communications. Details on the appointment of Francis Heid to vice president, of publishing operations; career information on Heid; Who appointed to advertising director.
- IFFE Dates Changed to April. Caplan, David Grant // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/9/2001, Vol. 181 Issue 6, p15
Reports on the decision of Magic International to reschedule the International Fashion Fabric Exhibition in Manhattan, New York. Reason behind the decision to change the dates of the event.