Wembley deal in doubt
- Stadium stall hits Wembley's plans. Fletcher, Mike // Marketing Event;May2000, p6
Focuses on the stalled plans of Wembley in redeveloping the Wembley National Stadium. Role of the Brent Council in the approval of the plans; Effect of the stalled plans to the proposed hosting of the World Cup in 2006.
- Wembley's cash plans. // Marketing Event;May98, p6
Reports that Wembley plc may use funds from cash sale of Wembley Stadium for future acquisitions. Plans for acquisitions in the leisure sector; Reason for choosing the bid of English National Stadium Trust over Arsenal Football Club.
- Soundbites. // Professional Engineering;11/23/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p17
The article highlights the issue regarding the completion of the Wembley stadium in Wembley, England. The chief executive of Wembley PLC warns that the stadium may not be ready in May 2006. The project costs 75 million pounds. There has been a prevalent question regarding the overrun on time and...
- Clock ticks on for Wembley. // Marketing Event;Mar1997, p8
Reports that the 2006 deadline for the completion of the English National Stadium at Wembley in London, England may not be met. Pending resolution of legal issues between the Sports Council and Wembley PLC.
- Regeneration for Wembley. // Contract Journal;10/29/2003, Vol. 421 Issue 6450, p2
Reports on an urban regeneration project near Wembley Stadium in London, England. Value of the project; Features of the land purchased by Quintain Estates from Wembley PLC.
- Final hours at the twin towers? Bose, Mihir // Director;Feb1995, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p34
Focuses on the future of Wembley plc in Great Britain. Offers to buy the company; What sport that company is associated with; History of the company; Identity of serious bidders; Conflicts that have affected the company; Company's financial status.
- Wembley's back in the game. Robb, Liam // Management Today;Jun97, p70
Presents information on the bids for 120 million of Lottery money which the Wembley plc mandated for the transformation of the English National Stadium. Where the competition for the Lottery money mainly came from; Comments from Tony Banks, Labor Minister of Parliament for Newham North West.
- Webley puts plans for overhaul on hold. Fletcher, Mike // Marketing Event;Sep2000, p5
Reports the delay in the redevelopment plans of Wembley company. Overview of the redevelopment plans; Reason for the delay.
- Wembley reveals plan to focus on track-base businesses. // Leisure & Hospitality Business;8/22/2002, p2
Reports on the plans of gaming and track entertainment group Wembley to focus on its track-based gaming operations following the disposal of a number of non-core businesses. Disposal of leisure and entertainment complex; Financial performance of the company.