Lisbon centre opens doors
- Return to splendor. Gutterman, S. // Architectural Record;Jul1989, Vol. 177 Issue 8, p110
Describes the reconstruction of the Oriental Pavilion in Brooklyn's Prospect Park, New York City, designed by architect James Lamantia in a joint venture with William Rogan of the New York firm Russo & Sonder. Design details.
- Design for children promotes healing. // Architectural Record;Oct1990, Vol. 178 Issue 11, p17
Offers a look at the new Starbright Pavilion in Los Angeles, intended to be a place for seriously ill children to heal. Whimsical style; Features.
- Watch Station. // Chain Store Age;Feb97, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p22RSO
Features the Watch Station kiosk in Miami, Florida, winner of the kiosk category of the 1996 `Chain Store Age' Retail Store of the Year competition. Design by Michael Dubuc Concept; Ambience; Display system; Design set.
- Modernist modernising. Murphy, Paul // Design Week;5/12/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 18, p32
Provides a background of Modernist De La Warr Pavilion at Bexhill-on-Sea in East Sussex, England before its renovation. Design competition; Construction of the pavilion; Restoration and renovation being overseen by architect John McAslan & Partners.
- Life at Heron Bay. Tree, M. // Architectural Digest;Aug87, p54
Description of the Palladian Pavilion on Barbados, designed in 1947 by Sir Geoffrey Jellicoe. Made of native white coral limestone, the terrace, rooms, gardens, pond and view of Heron Bay are described.
- Historic houses: Haga Pavilion. Mansel, P.; Perez, J.L. // Architectural Digest;Oct90, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p270
Photo essay with text of Haga Pavilion, King Gustav III's 18th century residence near Stockholm, Sweden. Brief profile of Gustave III; Inspiration from the Petit Trianon; Swedish furniture in the interior; How the Pavilion reflects Gustav III and his style.
- CELEBRATE THE OPENING OF THE NEW DISCOVERY CENTER AT ZOOFEST - A NIGHT OF FAMILY FUN UNDER THE STARS! // Public Record (0744205X);11/9/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 45, p13
The article offers information on "Zoofest," which is a special night the Living Desert in Coachella Valley, California for celebrating the opening of the Miriam U. Hoover Discovery Center, an interactive indoor pavilion.
- Walk up and touch the screen to get the help you need. M.M. // U.S. News & World Report;2/27/95, Vol. 118 Issue 8, p73
Discusses how retailers are looking to kiosks to enhance customer service. How Kiosks can make comparison shopping easier; Gift registry; Kiosks which carry out some of the duties of clerks; Examples of how they are being used.
- Loyal shoppers can score by using in-store kiosks. // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;May98, Vol. 83 Issue 5, Premiums & incentives pS-4
Presents information on the Inter-Act Loyalty Network, which is a system of ATM-styled kiosks being used by brand name marketers to deliver promotions and incentives to customers. Details on the systems; Where they can be found; How these systems can be accessed; Comments from Edwin Spragg,...