Display goes digital
- Top TV-set makers stress digital at CES. Hogan // Multichannel News;01/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p40
Reports that digital televisions were the focus at the Consumer Electronics Show held in Las Vegas, Nevada, recent to January 10, 2000. Companies which unveiled new television sets; Predicted volume of sales of high definition televisions; Technologies used in the televisions.
- Passing the kudos. McGoldrick, Paul // Broadcast Engineering;Jun2003, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p130
Reports on the establishment of the Maximum Service Television in the U.S. Leader for improvement in technical quality of television; Technological innovation for digital television (DTV) channel allocations; Cost of converting smaller-market stations into DTV facilities.
- In search of perfection. Ringrose, Fergal // TVB Europe;Nov97, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p6
Opinion. Presents the author's view on digital television and technological changes. Problems faced by manufacturers and users innovations; Goal that most manufacturers should addressed to solve the problem in technology changes.
- Bulls-eye ads. Lewis, Len // Progressive Grocer;May98, Vol. 77 Issue 5, p14
Reports that digital set-top boxes from Microsoft and other firms boast of a technology which allows for the showing of advertisements geared towards consumers' special interests and buying habits.
- High-Def Jam. Goldberg, Harold // Entertainment Weekly;10/30/98, Issue 456, p127
Provides information on digital and high technology television (HDTV). Description of and benefits from HDTV; Programs that can be watched from HDTV.
- 1994. Birkmaier, Craig // Broadcast Engineering;Jan2003, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p12
Examines the transitions in the digital television market in the U.S. Competitions in control of the markets by digital technology; Opportunity to profit from generation of devices; Ability to influence regulation and legislation for control over transitions in market.
- All set for advanced set-tops? Healey, Jon // Broadcasting & Cable;04/27/98, Vol. 128 Issue 18, p48
Speculates about the deployment of advanced digital set-top boxes that will have enough computing power to deliver practically any information or entertainment that can travel over a wire, in the cable industry in the United States. Views of executives in the cable industry; Benefits of the...
- A picture of confusion. Fox, Barry // New Scientist;04/11/98, Vol. 158 Issue 2129, p50
Considers the digital television (DTV) industry in Great Britain. Plans to introduce nationwide access to DTV by the end of 1998; Concerns about the direction of the British DTV industry.
- Mastering rock terrain. Hilton, Kevin // TVB Europe;Nov2002, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p50
Discusses various implementations and changes for the digital terrestrial television (DTT) as emphasized during the IBC 2002 show in Amsterdam, Netherlands. Impact of the collapse of the ITV Digital in Great Britain on DTT; Realism surrounding the present state of DTT; Technological improvement...