- Penton on acquisition spree; plans to go public. Kerwin, Ann Marie; Blankenhorn, Dana // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Dec97, Vol. 82 Issue 11, p1
Provides information on Penton Publishing's acquisition of companies. Purchase of Industrial Shows of America and Industrial Shows of America/International; Plans to identify areas which provide business-to-business media according to Tom Kemp, Penton's chairman; Advantages for Penton as a...
- Penton sells properties, but M&As still sluggish. Callahan, Sean // B to B;1/13/2003, Vol. 88 Issue 1, p3
Reports that though Penton Media Inc. made a flurry of deals towards the end of the year 2002, selling off a number of non-core properties, it did not signify renewed vigor in the mergers and acquisitions (M&A) market for business-to-business media. Decline in value of M&A deals involving...
- Competition, Tradition and Honor. Cannon, Bill // Motor Age;Jul2002, Vol. 121 Issue 7, p7
Reports the acquisition of Motor Service magazine by Advanstar Communications. History of the magazine; Names of contributing editors to the magazine after the aquisition; Appointment of Jim Halloran as executive editor of the magazine.
- Advanstar maintains torrid acquisition pace. Callahan, Sean // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;May99, Vol. 84 Issue 5, p17
Reports on the acquisition activities of Advanstar Communications Inc. Acquisition of MAGIC apparel trade shows; Publications of the company.
- Advanstar agrees to buy MAGIC Int'l. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/9/1998, Vol. 175 Issue 67, p3
Focuses on the agreement signed by Advanstar Communications Incorporated, a business publishing and exposition company, to acquire MAGIC International fashion firm. Position to be held by Joe Loggia, president of MAGIC, upon the acquisition; Shows to be held by MAGIC in Las Vegas, Nevada;...
- Penton Media Acquires Stardust.com. // Worldwide Databases;Dec99, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p5
Reports on Penton Media Inc.'s acquisition of privately held Stardust.com, an information services company serving emerging Internet technologies market segments. History of Stardust.com; Companies subscribing to Stardust.com; Contact information.
- Think Different: A Year of Think Different. Lawton, Kurt // Corn & Soybean Digest Exclusive Insight;12/14/2012, p2
The author reflects on the stories published in the "Corn & Soybean Digest" in 2012. The top stories of the year included topics on responsible tillage, rethinking soil and farmland value, aerial imagery profits and escaped sediment. It mentions Penton Media's acquisition of Farm Progress Media,...
- Penton marketing brands bought by Access Intelligence. // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/8/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 39, p0014
The article reports on the acquisition by Access Intelligence of a number of media brands involved in the marketing industry from Penton Media, including the Chief Marketer, Multichannel Merchant and Direct.
- Penton to acquire German firm. // B to B;06/05/2000, Vol. 85 Issue 7, p1
Reports that Penton Media Inc. has agreed to buy a controlling stake in ComMunic, a Munich-based trade show company that helped stage Penton's Internet World in Germany.