Sydney booster is hit by scandal
- Australia This Week. Milne, Sue // Bulletin with Newsweek;04/13/99, Vol. 117 Issue 6169, p14
Presents Australian news briefs for April 13, 1999. Australian Red Cross, Care Australia and World Vision Australia among the aid agencies working in Kosovo, Serbia and supported by funding from the Australian government; International Olympic Committee member Phil Coles dismissed as head of...
- Gosper Goes For Gold. Linnell, Garry // Bulletin with Newsweek;06/22/99, Vol. 117 Issue 6179, p27
Presents information on the involvement of Kevan Gosper in the Australian Olympic movement and the International Olympic Committee (IOC). How the death of David McKenzie changed the course of his career; Gosper's relationship to fellow IOC member Phil Coles and John Coates; Gosper's personal...
- News Briefs. Milne, Sue // Bulletin with Newsweek;03/23/99, Vol. 117 Issue 6166, p15
Presents world news briefs for Australia the week of March 23, 1999. Phil Coles resigning as a member of the Australian Olympic Committee; Tension in East Timor, Indonesia putting Australian defence forces on high alert; Britain's Plymouth University to offer the world's first degree in...
- Homebush Bay: Olympic masterplan. // Architecture Australia;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p14
Reports on the masterplan for the site of the 27th Olympic Games in Sydney, New South Wales. Public transport-driven design.
- Olympics 2000. Robberds, Mark // Asian Business Review;Dec96, p126
States that Sidney won the bid to host the Olympics 2000 because of rechecking and rethinking of the assumptions and estimates on the social and economic impact of the Olympic Games. Defeat by the Labor Party of the Liberal Party; Role of the Sydney Organising Committee of the Olympic Games;...
- Olympic achievement. Murray, Moss // Marketing Week;4/9/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p51
Anticipates the Olympics Games in 2000, which will be held in Sydney, Australia. Reference to statistics from the International Meetings Association; Comments made by Debra Rustom, the manager of meetings, conventions and incentives for the Australian Tourist Commission.
- Summer Olympics 2000. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p916
No abstract available.
- Summer Olympic Games in 1996. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p916
No abstract available.
- Sydney promises to stage better Olympics than Atlanta. // Christian Science Monitor;8/8/96, Vol. 88 Issue 178, p12
Reports on the plans of Australia's Olympic Committee in the staging of the 2000 Olympic Games in Sydney, New South Wales. Plans to address security and transportation problems; Olympic venues.