Digital TV gets Granada boost
- HDTV coming soon. // Appliance Manufacturer;May97, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p28
Reports that Federal Communication Commission (FCC) agreed to grant United States' broadcaster free license to offer digital television. Expectations on broadcasters by October 1998; How the deadline of FCC to broadcaster in returning their existing analog licenses by the year 2006 could be...
- DTV Sales Reach $406M In 2nd Qtr., 90K Units In June. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;7/23/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 17, p4
Reports the increase of sales of digital television monitors and television units in Arlington, Virginia.
- Pinewood set to host events. // Marketing Event;Nov/Dec2001, p8
Reports on the deal of the broadcasting company Pinewood Television with The Ultimate Event Company to promote digital television facilities to the corporate events market in England as of November 2001. Responsibility of The Ultimate Event Company in the deal; Reason of The Ultimate Event...
- DTV Sales Increase, DVD Players Level. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;3/18/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p1
Reports the increasing sales of digital television sales to dealers in the U.S. Percentage of growth; Levels of category sales; Total orders of video products.
- Digital start-ups miss a trick with Web omission. Curtis, Mark // Marketing Week;12/3/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 40, p34
Reports that Sky and ONdigital have not included a Web address in their advertising blitz so that potential customers can find out more information. Purpose of the companies for not including a Web address; How television companies consider the personal computer to be irrelevant as a medium;...
- Key Digital Bows DTV Transcoders. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;05/28/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 13, p26
Reports the marketing of digital television transcoders by Key Digital System in Riverdale, New York. Features of the video graphic accelerator digital adaptors, transcoders and audio-visual switcher; Product pricing.
- CEMA hikes HDTV chances. Dickson // Broadcasting & Cable;10/04/99, Vol. 129 Issue 41, p39
Reports on the satisfaction of consumer electronics manufacturers and retailers on the sales of digital television products. Need for additional high definition television content from broadcasters and cable networks; Discussions at the DTV Summit held in Los Angeles, California, in September 1999.
- The Not-So Mad Rush for DTV. BROWN, PETER // Electronic News;03/15/99, Vol. 45 Issue 11, p24
Focuses on the market share of Mitsubishi Electronics America Inc. for digital television (DTV) sales in the United States in 1998. Plans of the company on its market share; Total number of DTV sets sold by the firm.
- WNBC Craves Digital Eyes With 'Nonstop' Channel. Bachman, Katy // MediaWeek;3/9/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p6
The article reports that television station WNYC in New York City will launch New York Nonstop, a digital television side channel, on March 11, 2009. The channel, available to the 5.7 million households in the city with digital television, will present a continuous broadcast of local news based...