CHA members get protection
- Businesses play a special role in giving. // New Hampshire Business Review;11/29/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p10A
Editorial. Focuses on the role of businesses on corporate giving in New Hampshire. Funds raised by the United Way of the Greater Seacost; Problems of most organizations about fund raising; Forms of charitable giving.
- Box tops add up. // Fleet Owner;Sep2006, Vol. 101 Issue 9, p108
The article reports that Wix Filters has presented more than $50,000 to the Future Farmers of America (FFA) as part of the Wix Filters/FFA box top program in the United States. FFA chapters encourage the community to use Wix oil, air and fuel filters and then turn in the box tops, which the...
- Corporations Make Record Donations To Education in 1983. // Education Week;12/12/1984, Vol. 4 Issue 15, p2
The article reports that the corporations have donated a record of multimillion-dollars to education in 1983 in the U.S. According to the Council for Financial Aid to Education (CFAE) and the Conference Board, the 3.2 percent increase in 1983 is the smallest increase in corporate giving to...
- Social enterprise hallmark goes national. Ainsworth, David // Third Sector;12/11/2008, p11
The article reports on the launch of a Social Enterprise Mark, which is aimed to make social businesses recognizable, to other areas across Great Britain in December 2008. A year-long trial for the Social Enterprise was reportedly ran by Rise in partnerships with other regional bodies including...
- YOUTH-BASED SUSTAINABILITY PROGRAMS GET A BOOST. // PM Network;Oct2004, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p8
Focuses on the collaboration between the Bayer Group company of Leverkusen, Germany and the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP). Move by the company to provide financial and administrative support to UNEP's youth-run environmental projects.
- FICP Taps Junior Achievement as Long-Term Philanthropic Beneficiary. Hall, Alison // Association Meetings Exclusive Insight;8/13/2012, p4
The article reports that the Financial and Insurance Conference Planners (FCIP) it will align all of its philanthropic activities to benefit Junior Achievement, an organization committed to giving young people the knowledge and skills they need to plan for their future. FICP chair and director...
- Amid biz consolidation, a concentration on relationships. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);6/10/2005, Vol. 52 Issue 24, p4B
Interviews Patrice Frank, director of development for the Usdan Center for the Creative and Performing Arts, about the state of the non-profit industry in Long Island, New York. Importance of long-term relationships to non-profit organizations; State of corporate giving; Impact of bank mergers...
- GRANTS. . // Education Week;3/23/1988, Vol. 7 Issue 26, p26
A list of public and private organizations that provide grants in the U.S., including American Express Co. in New York City, American Honda Foundation in Torrance, California and Robert Wood Johnson Foundation in Princeton, New Jersey, is presented.
- More than Money: Non-cash Corporate Giving Increases. Jamison, Nancy // San Diego Business Journal;10/27/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 43, pA4
The article focuses on the findings of the study which shows that non-cash contributions such as probono assistance and donation of products and services has increased and will continue to be an important part of overall corporate contributions. It mentions that skills-based volunteerism and...