Ads bid sparks Dome interest
- Dome warning signs missed. Day, Karen // Public Finance;11/14/2000, p16
Reports on the failure of the ministers and officials of the Millennium Dome in Greenwich, England to act on the indications of the attraction's financial crisis. Letters showing the insolvency of the attraction; Castigation of Dome minister Smith Falconer for inaction toward financial crisis;...
- Millennium Dome success depends on HR policies. Walsh, Jennie // People Management;05/06/99, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p15
Focuses on the Millennium Dome, which will open on December 31, 1999, in Greenwich, England. Talks with unions to establish a partnership that will ensure smooth running of the project; Comment from Raj Pragasam, dome's human resource (HR) director, on the project; Training and recruitment...
- Dome economics. Ryle, Sarah // Public Finance;12/19/97, p10
Reports on the construction of the Millennium Dome in Greenwich, England using lottery money. Arguments of those who oppose the use of lottery money for the construction of the dome; Benefits of the dome to the private sector; Private sector involvement in the project.
- Dome sponsors defend performance. Murphy, Claire // Marketing (00253650);6/1/2000, p6
Reports that some of the main sponsors of the Millennium Dome are standing by their promotional investment. Amount invested by the main sponsors; Major sponsors' defense of the Dome's performance.
- At last we can be honest about the fruitless fiasco of the Dome. Snoddy, Raymond // Marketing (00253650);6/1/2000, p20
Criticizes the Millennium Dome project in London, England. Disgraceful waste of money from the sale of Lottery tickets; Marketing of the Dome.
- I'm only a punter but... // Campaign (UK);07/09/99, Issue 27, p44
Comments on the British government's Millennium Dome project in Greenwich, England. Limitations of the concept.
- London's Millennium Dome. Grumet, Tobey // Popular Mechanics;Dec99, Vol. 176 Issue 12, p36
Describes The Millennium Dome in London, England. Measurement; Description of the Dome; Cost; What happens to the structure after the year 2000.
- Dome truths. Bawden, Tom // Marketing Week;2/10/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p26
Features the proposed solutions of marketing, tourism and leisure experts to improve and save the beleaguered Millennium Dome in Greenwich, England. Effective marketing and public relations campaign to counter the bad press; Advertising campaign about the content of the shows and zones;...
- Undone by its own hype. // New Statesman;05/29/2000, Vol. 129 Issue 4488, p5
Criticizes the construction of the Millennium Dome in Greenwich, England. Comments on the marketing and sponsorship of the dome; Political scandal involving the dome's construction.