TOUCH-SCREEN TECH FOR: ROOM SERVICE IN PATIENT FEEDING
- The Pod SQUAD. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Dec2010, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p20
The article discusses the approach used by hospital foodservice directors to achieve patient's satisfaction at University of Utah Hospital in Utah. It outlines the importance of planning an upgrade to patient meal approach including room services. It also suggests the significance of a pod-based...
- AN FSD NEWSTRACK EXCLUSIVE: UNIV. OF TEXAS CANCER CTR. EXPANDS ROOM SERVICE. // FoodService Director;04/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p24
Reports that some hospitals within the M.D. Anderson Cancer Center compound of the University of Texas in Houston are implementing room service for all patients. Benefits of the service to patients; Details on how the foods are served to the patients.
- KIDS' HOSP. ADDS TO A LA MINUTE MENU. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p5
Reports on the drop in food costs at Childrens' Hospital of Los Angeles in California since the implementation of room service. Percentage of decline in food costs; Advantages of room service system; Effect of the room service program on labor costs.
- St. Francis debuts 72-item 'room service' menu. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);7/22/2005, Vol. 52 Issue 30, p18A
Reports on the launch of a room service program by Saint Francis Hospital, the Heart Center in Roslyn, New York.
- SERVICE UP, WASTE AND COSTS DOWN: Hosp. redirects expenses with room svc. // FoodService Director;8/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p5
Reports that Highline Community Hospital in Burien, Washington has redirected foodservice operational expenses by replacing traditional meal trays with room service. Functions of room service staff; Schedule of the room service.
- How Not To Eff Up Room Service. // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Apr2015, Vol. 85 Issue 4, p70
The article discusses ordering food through room service in hotels.
- Room service, please. // Business NH Magazine;Aug94, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p10
Reports on the launching of a dinner delivery service from Room Service of N.H. Inc. to service residents and business people of the Greater Manchester area in New Hampshire. Services offered; Business hours; Contact information.
- Room service goes high-tech. // FoodService Director;1/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p6
The article focuses on the technology used for the room service at Banner Estrella Medical Center in Phoenix, Arizona, allowing patients to see the menu on their in-room TV and provide instant feedback about their meals to the dietary department. Aspects of food service which the patients are...
- As I Lay Me Down to Sleep. Waterson, Steve // Time International (South Pacific Edition);8/14/2006, Issue 32, p4
The article relates the author's experience in staying in a motel and visiting a restaurant in Western Australia. He stated the advice given by Sharon, the motel owner, on finding a good restaurant in the area. He described the lack of amenities at the motel such as the absence of room service...