AND KEEPS YOU AHEAD OF THE GAME: Cook-chill demands HACCP
- Food Safety Training Tools, Tips. // FoodService Director;8/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p26
The article offers tips from foodservice operators regarding ideas and resources to ensure food safety in their operations including the use of internal audit and conduct health inspections, training of staff on ServSafe procedures, and the Safeschools training or Utica training program.
- Irradiation using electricity may ease resistance to food safety procedure. Bensky, Gary // Nation's Restaurant News;11/12/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 46, p24
Focuses on the food safety procedure of food-processing industry in the United States. Effect electronic pasteurization on meats; Materials used to kill illness-causing bacteria of food; Importance of chefs and foodservice operators.
- Food security mindset change needed. // Meat Trades Journal;2/4/2011, Issue 3, p6
The article reports on the importance of making a change in short-term mentality in the food industry for food security purposes as emphasized in the lecture entitled "Food Security in a Changing Climate" by Unilever Group's managing director Paul Polson.
- Tulip commits to a PVC-free future. // Meat Trades Journal;9/12/2014, p11
The article announces the commitment of Great Britain-based meat processor Tulip Ltd. on Waste and Resources Action Programme (WRAP) Courtauld Commitment 3 which aimed to improve efficiency and reduce waste in the food industry.
- IDDBA Show Tips. // Gourmet Retailer;Jun2002, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p100
Features the several products on cookery. Specification of the products; Availability of instant food for convenience; Contact information.
- Simple changes can make a kitchen and serving area safer for employees, visitors. Frable Jr., Foster // Nation's Restaurant News;11/12/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 46, p24
Reports the safer changes in the commercial kitchen and serving area in the United States. Difference between a safe and an unsafe environment; Usage of storage shelving in the kitchen; Measurement of the doors from kitchens to dining areas.
- Certificate that there is no longer a risk to health. // A-Z of Food Safety;2007, p45
An encyclopedia entry for "Certificate that there is no longer a risk to health" is presented. The certificate is issued by the British government under section 12 of the Food Safety Act following the service of an Emergency Prohibition Notice or the making of an Emergency Prohibition Order. The...
- Changing facilities. // A-Z of Food Safety;2007, p46
An encyclopedia entry about dressing rooms in food production premises is presented. Food production premises should have adequate space where employees could change clothes to wear special clothing for the purposes of work. Changing facilities should be near workrooms and eating facilities. It...
- Showcase: Fryers, ovens & broilers. // Prepared Foods;Nov95, Vol. 164 Issue 12, p90
Presents fryers, ovens and broilers for the food industry. Includes the large process oven from Stein Inc.; Custom food processing ovens from Alkar; Steam cooking tunnel from Sandvik Process Systems.