LEADING BY EXAMPLE: Training employees to `think sanitation'
- Risky Business. Wellman, David // Frozen Food Age;Jul2003, Vol. 51 Issue 12, p8
Presents an article about the risks associated with the food industry in the U.S. Safety issues surrounding the industry; Sanitation-related problems in food preparation; Responsibility of the industry to consumers.
- Today's Food Safety 101 Reflects Food Code Evolution. Weisberg, Karen // Food Management;Mar2011, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p40
The article focuses on the continuing changes in food safety training and regulations in the U.S. as a response to a better understanding of the microbial environment. It notes that food safety regulation's objective is not only included in the school curriculum, but also aims to instruct...
- Sanitation Practices among Food Handlers in a Military Food Service Institution, Malaysia. Hai Yen Lee; Wan Chik, Wan Nadirah; Abu Bakar, Fatimah; Saari, Nazamid; Mahyudin, Nor Ainy // Food & Nutrition Sciences;Nov2012, Vol. 3 Issue 11, p1561
This study was conducted over a period of two months to assess the food hygiene practices among food handlers in a military food service institution that have been trained with food safety practices and knowledge. Since limited data was published for the services rendered to governmental...
- Operation HACCP. Galosich, Allison // National Provisioner;Jan99, Vol. 213 Issue 1, p48
Discusses how food processing companies in the United States are preparing to meet the January 25, 1999 deadline for Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) implementation. Critical control points (CCP) that meat and poultry processors are required to meet; Establishment of...
- keeping it clean. // Food Engineering & Ingredients;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p8
The article discusses the technological innovation in cleaning and sanitation in food factories. It mentions that the plant design has improved through an initiative like the European Hygienic Engineering and Design Group (EHEDG), which issues regulations for the hygienic design of equipment for...
- Food hygiene. // A-Z of Food Safety;2007, p147
An encyclopedia entry for food hygiene is presented. Food hygiene is the range of practices and procedures involved in ensuring food is safe to eat. It also refers the measures and conditions necessary to control hazards and to ensure fitness for human consumption of a foodstuff taking into...
- Food Hygiene Audit. // A-Z of Food Safety;2007, p148
An encyclopedia entry for food hygiene audit is presented. It refers to a method for monitoring the hygiene standards in a food premises.
- Stars in their eyes. McGuigan, Patrick // British Baker;4/10/2009, Vol. 1 Issue 6, p20
The article focuses on the food safety regulations imposed by the U.S. Food Standards Agency on food business establishments and shops. It presents the Scores on the Doors system wherein the food hygiene rating is rank according to the number of stars. It also discusses the inconsistency issue...
- Food Safety Starts At Your Back Door. Hernandez, Jorge // Food Management;Feb2001, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p86
Details the food safety measures in the food service industry. Impact of temperature on the cooking process and on the delivered ingredients; Formation of system record temperature; Inspection on the delivered foods and the deliverer.