BUYING AND CARING FOR: COFFEE EQUIPMENT
- Mixing coffee and dessert. Strenk, T. H. // FoodService Director;9/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 9, Special section p10
The article deals with coffee and dessert pairings. A survey from iLab-Technomic showed 81% of operators in the U.S. reporting that adding dessert/coffee pairings could increase sales, while 62% say they could charge more for such after-dinner matches. Seattle's Best Coffee suggests pairing...
- OUT-OF-HOME TEA AND COFFEE MARKET IS WORTH UP TO Â£8b. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;12/7/2007, Vol. 196 Issue 4454, p42
The article reports on the scale and value of out-of-home beverage sales in Great Britain according to food service consultancy Horizons. It says that caterers spend Â£400 million buying the ingredients for cups of tea and coffee, and coffee outsells tea by five to one. It also says that...
- What a Concept. Wells, Jeff // SN: Supermarket News;Spring2008 Whole Health Supplement, Vol. 56, p14
The article reports on the sales performance of healthful products/ideas being offered by restaurants in the U.S. According to a recent report from food-service research firm Technomic, sales at Golden Spoon Frozen Yogurt, which adds live cultures to its blends, grew by 24% in 2007. Then there's...
- OLIVE GARDEN OVERHAULS ITS JAVA. Scarpa, James // Restaurant Business;11/15/2003, Vol. 102 Issue 19, p56
To boost coffee sales, Olive Garden has rolled out Caffe la Toscana, a new signature drip coffee blend. Brewed into a brushed metal thermal pot instead of being held in a glass carafe over a heated surface reduces the risk of overheated, off-tasting coffee, Kern says. It's served in a cup...
- Operators begin to raise coffee prices. // Nation's Restaurant News;2/24/97, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p2
Reports on the possibility that food service operators in the United States will raise the price for coffee due to pressures on the coffee bean supply and production costs in Brazil and Colombia. Increase in coffee futures prices in February 1997.
- Better latte than ever: Coffee players perked up over sales. Ruggless, Ron // Nation's Restaurant News;02/12/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p1
Reports on growth in the coffee sector of the food service industry in the United States in 2000. Increase in the number of coffee shops established throughout the country; Percentage of the American adult population who drinks coffee; Factors attributing to growth in such industry sector.
- Event review: CaffÃ¨ Culture. // British Baker;6/1/2012, p16
Information about the CaffÃ¨ Culture show, attracting more than 230 exhibitors and about 4,600 visitors from bakery, equipment, coffee shop and foodservice sectors, held at London's Olympia in England from May 16-17, 2012 is presented.
- COFFEE BARS GROW UP. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/09/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 41, SPECIAL SECTION p12
Reports on the expansion of the menu offerings of coffee bars in the United States. Goal to address the competition; Study of the demands of customers; Example of the concepts introduced by Starbucks Coffee to improve the brand.
- Coffee craze. Koss-Feder, Laura // Hotel & Motel Management;6/5/95, Vol. 210 Issue 10, p37
Reports on the popularity of specialty and flavored coffees offered by hotels in the United States. Additional food & beverage revenues from coffees; Upgrading of coffees served to hotel guests; Offering quality coffee; Hyatt's hybrid convenience store. INSET: Coffee statistics..