B&I EXEC. CHEF WRESTLES WITH: BALANCING DEMAND
- The Celestial Palace. von Behrens, Tanja // New Vegetarian & Natural Health;Autumn2005, p67
Features the Celestial Palace, a Vietnamese vegetarian restaurant. Physical description of the restaurant; Food specialties; Contact information.
- you may now kiss the broccoli. // Yoga Journal;May/Jun2005, Issue 188, p22
This article presents information on an incident where a bride-to-be Linda Monastra wanted vegetarian menu in her wedding. Finding a caterer was easy. Persuading her father to go along with was not. He tried to convince her to serve meat but she did not agree with her father. Vegetarian menus...
- WITH LESS EFFORT THAN EXPECTED: Meatless choices enhance catering's appeal for all. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;08/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p106
Focuses on the importance of vegetarian menu options in catering. Demographic information on vegetarians; Percentage of cook-to-order stations in total catering sales; Vegetarian foods included in a standard catering menu.
- How to Feed Just a Few Vegetarians at Weddings, Parties, Restaurants... Berkoff, Nancy // Vegetarian Journal's Foodservice Update;2003/2004, Vol. 11 Issue 3/4, p1
Provides techniques for the food service operator when only five or six vegetarian meals are requested for a wedding banquet, business luncheon, company picnic or children's party where a non-vegetarian menu is offered. Veggie "steaks" of flavored seitan, tempeh or portobellos; Baked potatoes...
- VEGAN FOOD PRODUCTS. // Vegetarian Journal's Foodservice Update;2003/2004, Vol. 11 Issue 3/4, p5
Presents a number of vegan food products which food service operators can choose from when serving vegetarians. Vegetarian Savory Plus flavor line from Ottens Flavors; Comax Flavors' vegetarian meat-type flavors for use in soups, bouillon, soyfoods and other animal-free dishes; DSM Food...
- VEGAN TIDBITS. // Vegetarian Journal's Foodservice Update;2003/2004, Vol. 11 Issue 3/4, p6
Presents a number of tips for food service operators when serving vegetarian foods. Cecilware's floor-model juicer for preparing fresh juice in volume; Combination convection oven from Cleveland Ranges; Nondairy brownies, vegan burgers and sweet potato fries from Wild Sage, a health food...
- Healthy Dining. // Share Guide;Sep/Oct2004, Issue 75, p81
The article presents information on various dining establishments offering vegetarian and health-conscious menu choices. Chez Peyo provides fresh country French cuisine in a beautiful garden setting. Vegetarian entrees, fresh salads, seafood, pastas, delicious food are provided. It also provides...
- IN COLLEGES: Demand grows for meatless & special menus. // FoodService Director;08/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p62
Focuses on the growing demand for vegetarian and health-conscious foods from school catering operations in the United States. Popular foods that are requested; How a menu is planned; Considerations for organizing a catering event.
- Vegetarian meals sizzle with creativity. Black, Jonathan // Crain's Chicago Business;8/2/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 31, p19
The article presents a discussion of some vegetarian restaurants in Chicago, Illinois, with innovative cuisine. The Green Zebra is located on a gritty corner, but once inside the spirits soar. The same guy who designed Spring, Francois Geneve, has created a space that's both serene and...