Hand-held sells best
- AT SCHOOL TEST SITES: Internet ordering streamlines lunch. // FoodService Director;03/15/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p4
Reports that children in Hawaii can order their lunch using the Internet or a toll-free number through a system developed by the School-Link Network and SNAP Systems, Inc. How the system works; Its advantages; Launch of similar programs in other states.
- Feeding kids. // FoodService Director;02/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p34
Discusses the challenges faced by American food service firms operating in public schools. Changes in the attitudes of kids towards food; Ethnic, cultural and demographic diversity in schools; Students' participation in the design of foods.
- `Food-On-Run' Program: Calif. HS asks students to design daily menus. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p1
Provides information on the `Food on the Run' program which invited feedback from students about dining services at Gabrielino High School in San Gabriel, California. Provision of access to fresh salad; Taste-test of different cheese options.
- Bradford DSO gains fourth contract away from home. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;3/20/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4264, p18
Reports on the fourth school-meals contract awarded to the direct service organization (DSO) for Bradford's metropolitan district council outside its local authority area in England as of March 20, 2003. Operational status of DSO; Cross-border contracts for DSO; Reputation of DSO in the industry.
- USING OUTSIDE PROCESSORS: Anaheim Unified gains commodity advantage. Bond, Marian // FoodService Director;07/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p36
Reports on how Anaheim Union High School District in California generated savings on its food service operations. How some of the foods are prepared; Annual amount received by Anaheim Union for commodity purchases; Details on food deliveries.
- Funding boost for Scots school meals. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;6/13/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4226, p8
Reports on an increase in funding given to school meal providers in Scotland.
- Brain Food. McDermott, Karen Govel // Nation's Restaurant News;09/03/01 Supplement, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p26
Focuses the cooking techniques and food service operation of Chef Paul Correnty, at the Harvard Public Schools in Harvard, Massachusetts. Career backgrounds of Correnty; Popularity of Corenty's dishes; Focus on fish dishes
- Menu pace picks up. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;04/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p92
Focuses on the fish menus offered by several food service operators in the United States. B&I cafes; Restaurant Associates; Texaco Bellaire.
- 1,000 schools now contracted; participation is up 31% in RI. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p28
Focuses on the increase in the amount of foodservice directors in schools in the United States, who are contracting their meal programs to outside firms, highlighting a report conducted by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). Factors which attributed to problems experienced;...