A highly versatile protein
- Year-round demand. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;11/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p56
Reports on the year-round demand for soups from students of universities and colleges in the U.S. Type of soups offered at Vanderbilt University; Favorite soups at Ashland University; Average daily soup consumption of students at Phillips Exeter Academy.
- Fish-fries still reign. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;4/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p66
Presents information on several seafood dishes that are served in universities and colleges in the U.S. Seafood soups that are included in university menu; Recommended sauces to serve with fish; High-end seafood dishes that are considered popular in catering.
- Growing campus demand. Alexis, Jennifer // FoodService Director;5/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p60
Focuses on the popularity of seafood dishes in universities in the U.S. Discussion on the increase in the demand for seafood dishes; Information on seafood procurement at Fox University; Discussion on the environmental program at Princeton University called Greening Princeton.
- SIX WAYS TO NET MORE Seafood Sales. Sheehan, Patricia // Food Management;Feb2003, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p52
This article presents information related to various seafoods. Cooking instruction for globally-inspired dishes like rainbow Trout Calypso, Mediterranean Cod, Plum Vinaigrette et al., that showcase the bounty and diversity of the seafood are provided. Seafood is often the perfect canvas to...
- WITH RECIPES & CREATIVITY: Fishing for answers. Stephenson, Susie // FoodService Director;11/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p52
Focuses on the fish and seafood offerings in the U.S. Technique used by the University of California in fish preparation; Procedures in cooking the campfire salmon at Vanderbilt University; List of Web sites that offer fish recipes.
- Comfort's New Converts. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;2/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p37
The article focuses on the food service at Kansas State University in Manhattan, Kansas, which included ld-time comfort foods. According to Mary Molt, assistant director of dining services at the university, comfort foods have been substantial to the school's food service program. She cited...
- Sustainable Seafood on Menu at UMass-Boston. // Food Management;Jan2014, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p11
The article focuses on the sustainable seafood program for the dining operation at the University of Massachusetts-Boston managed by the food services firm Sodexo SA in collaboration with Red's Best Seafood, which works with fishers for giving information on fishes with quick response (QR) code.
- Consumption vs. Access Driven Meal Plans: Which Is Right For Your Campus? Porter, H. David // Food Management;Oct2010, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p20
The article offers value proposition categories of meal plans and dining programs offered by colleges and universities. The consumption driven dining programs are defined by how much food is consumed including all-you-care-to-eat venues and programs that offer a certain number of meals per week....
- Peer effects at campus cafeterias. Ploner, Matteo // Journal of Evolutionary Economics;Jan2013, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p61
This study investigates the voluntary allocation of monetary resources to future food consumption by customers of campus cafeterias. A rich dataset allows us to infer social proximity of cafeteria customers and to measure social spillovers in allocation decisions. We show that individuals tend...