FOUR-STATE CITRUS UPDATE: Orange production increases 26%
- Oranges, Grapefruits, Tangelos, Oh My! Kressy, Jean // Prevention;Mar2008, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p140
The article presents several recipes for the citrus fruits tangelos, clementines, grapefruits and oranges which include tangelo tiramisu, clementine and grapefruit compote and orange and pear crisp.
- Texas citrus market picks up. Lara, Caroline Booth // Southwest Farm Press;1/4/2007, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p28
The article reports on the state of the gift fruit citrus market in Texas in 2006. Julian Sauls, a Texas Cooperative Extension citrus specialist, states that the weather continues to be a concern for the industry. She says autumn rains got the season off to a slow start, but did not adversely...
- A HIT OF A GIFT. // Better Homes & Gardens;Nov2004, Vol. 82 Issue 11, p240
The article informs that a Gourmet Fruit Collection was created especially for the readers of "Better Homes and Gardens" magazine. The gift box contains about 15 pounds of citrus fruits (5 to 6 oranges, 6 grapefruits, and 5 to 6 tangelos), plus a stainless-steel grapefruit knife and 4...
- Citrus. Hughes, Meredith Sayles // Tall & Tasty;2000, p60
Among the most enjoyed fruits in the world, citrus is a large family of tropical and subtropical plants. Citrus trees bear glossy, evergreen leaves and have pale blossoms that are remarkably soft and fragrant, attracting honey bees in the morning. Citrus family contains fruits like sweet orange,...
- THE CITRUS OUTLOOK: Most key crops still below '98 yields. // FoodService Director;04/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p90
Compares the production forecasts for the variety of citrus crops in the United States for the year 1998 and 1999. All orange production forecast; Early and midseason varieties in Florida; Forecast on the grapefruit crop; Florida's Temple forecast; Update on the harvesting of Florida's winter...
- NATURAL Selection. Braida, O. M. // Sarasota Magazine;Jan2007, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p244
The article presents an illustrator's note on Rutaceae citrus, which originated in Southeast Asia and is commonly called as an orange. It discusses grapefruit that was thought to be a hybrid of pomelo and sweet orange and was first found between Columbus' voyages and the starting of 19th...
- Citrus Sizzles. Strailey, Jennifer // Progressive Grocer (India Edition);Feb2014, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p68
The article discusses the health benefits of citrus fruits including improved digestion, healthier immune system and better skin health. It cites a study from the Chilean Fresh Fruit Association and Datassential Research Inc. suggesting that lemons and oranges were found on more than a quarter...
- Identification and Characterization of Transcripts Differentially Expressed in Peel and Juice Vesicles of Immature and Ripe Orange ( Citrus sinensis) Fruit. Zhang, Lanlan; Chen, Kunsong; Xu, Changjie // Plant Molecular Biology Reporter;Mar2009, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p115
A correction to the article "Identification and Characterization of Transcripts Differentially Expressed in Peel and Juice Vesicles of Immature and Ripe Orange ( Citrus sinensis) Fruit" is presented.
- Peak Season. Suter, Lesley Bargar // Los Angeles Magazine;Feb2010, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p136
The article offers information on the Cara Cara orange hybrid which features a pinkish flesh and a tropical fruit flavor.