TO START THE DAY: HEALTHY BREAKFAST
- YOU CAN'T BELIEVE YOUR EYES. // Men's Health;Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p54
The article presents research which dealt with the eating behavior of U.S. people during breakfast. Cornell University scientists found that people ate more cereal from bigger bowls than from smaller ones, even though they thought the opposite to be true.
- Breaking With Tradition. Phillips, Bob // Convenience Store News;5/8/2006, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p75
The article reports that single-serve cereals and breakfast bars are proving to be more convenient morning fuel for on-the-go consumers. Meal replacement bars and shakes, and nutraceutical beverages have sprung up to fuel and re-charge busy consumers as they fly down the freeway, in between...
- first Gourmet of the day. DiVita, Lee J. // Fancy Food & Culinary Products;Jul2006, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p22
Features several specialty food products appropriate for breakfast. Frontier Soups Colorado Morning Oatmeal Breakfast; Almondina BranTreats; Jordan's Gourmet Delights specialty breads; Bare Fruit Snacks dried fruit chips; Nature's Path instant hot cereals.
- McVities: more breakfast-on-the-go. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;May 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 5, p51
Reports on McVities' launched of the breakfast brand, called "a.m.". Eating habits of European consumers; Breakfast food products under the brand; Marketing initiative.
- Breakfast Time Marches On. Roberts Jr., William A. // Prepared Foods;Sep2001, Vol. 170 Issue 9, p19
Focuses on the tendency of many people in the United States not to eat breakfast. Actions taken by food manufacturers to cope with this trend; Reasons for eschewing breakfast; Advice from nutritionists on getting the most of breakfast; Findings of a study on breakfast cereals.
- Blast Off! // Spider;Feb2006, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p34
The article presents a list of various edible items for the preparation of breakfast.
- Breakfast epiphanies. Picotte, Heather // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Nov2003, Issue 253, p124
Explores the importance of breakfast for optimal physical and mental performance. Suggestions for a whole week of morning meals; Factors that slow down food absorption and help stabilize energy; Examples of quick and nourishing breakfast foods.
- Blood for Breakfast. // Progressive;Nov85, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p14
Presents the breakfast-food GI Joe Action Stars.
- A `retail' look helps. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;11/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p130
Reports that the more retailed the breakfast program is, the better the customer response. Increase in grab-and-go breakfast; Packaging of breakfast; Marketing of hot cereals. INSET: Lockheed Martin (Orlando, Florida) breakfast burrito..