FOOD UPGRADED, NOT UPSCALED: Corning cafeteria makeover boosts sales, seats, checks
- At Ameritech Center: Flat-Top Servers Add Flexibility. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p1
Provides information on the flat-top servers used at Alexander's Cafe at the Ameritech Center, Hoffman Estates, Illinois. Layout of the cooking stations; Electric outlets for the flat-top servers; Benefits of the concept on the cafeteria image.
- UNCOMMON GROUNDS. Nunlist, Thomas // Cincinnati Magazine;Apr2011, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p62
The article reviews several coffeehouses in Cincinnati, Ohio including Luckman Coffee, Sitwells Coffeehouse and Coffee Emporium.
- $30K MONTHLY: Wash. hosp cafe provides 'get-away' feel, turns profit. // FoodService Director;04/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p5
Features the Stanzas, a retail cafe at Overlake Hospital in Bellevue, Washington. Comparison with The Atrium, the hospital's discounted cafeteria; Food served at the cafe; Numbers of customers; Goal for the establishment of the cafe.
- Far From Home, But Right at Home. // Food Management;Nov2005, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p18
This article presents an interview with Gary Vorstenbosch, a chef. Vorstenbosch oversees Plano Presbyterian's patient dining program, which now consists entirely of a room service approach--with a menu of some 25 daily entree choices--as well as the retail cafeteria, catering operations as well...
- Store quality. Baker, Jane // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;12/5/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4251, p27
Features food establishments in Great Britain that focus on food and catering service and store quality. J Sainsbury cafeterias and restaurants; CafÃ© Fresco; Asda CafÃ©.
- Bings brings in cash at OSU. // FoodService Director;2/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p11
Reports on the success of Bing's Cafe at Oregon State University in Corvallis. Information on the sales generated by the cafeteria; Foods served at Bing's; Significance of the Starbucks products to the success of Bings.
- SO MUCH FOOD I wanted to cry. Belz, Emily // Hill;7/19/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 88, p26
The article presents the author's journal when she visited several coffeehouses and cafeteria in the U.S. She mentions the different eating places in the area including the Longworth House Office Building, Rayburn House Office Building cafeteria, and Library of Congress cafeteria. Meanwhile, the...
- Corning screens new signage. // FoodService Director;5/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p6
The article reports that the food service team at Corning Inc., has mount digital signage using liquid-crystal display (LCD) technology, putting some of its own corporations' technology to good use in the employee cafe of its world headquarters in New York. Seven LCD TV screens have become a...
- Happy Stainmore returns. Tuck, Bob // Truck & Driver;Dec2003, p27
Celebrating its first birthday after reopening, the Stainmore Cafe on the A66 Scotch Corner-Penrith route in England is an ideal place to stop for a bit of rest and relaxation for truck drivers. Stainmore Cafe opens at 6.15am and doesn't usually close until 7pm. As an added perk, there's no...