FOR MARKETING, TRAINING, UPDATES: Wood creates staff intranet
- South West says thank-you. Paterson, Jennifer // Employee Benefits;Sep2011, p9
The article offers information on an online discount scheme and intranet site launched by South West Trains Ltd. in an effort to help communicate benefits to its mobile employees.
- Intranets Help Keep Goodwill of Downsized Employmees. Schu, Jennifer // Workforce (10928332);Jul2001, Vol. 80 Issue 7, p15
Focuses on the transition intranets provided by companies to downsized employees in an effort to help them find another job. Significance of transition intranets in relieving the tension between the dismissed employee and the employer; Discussion on the transition intranet strategies employed...
- Reunited we stand. Carrington, Lucie // People Management;3/7/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p38
Provides information on the Life After C & A intranet site. Details on its use as a communication tool for former C & A employees; Role of the site in making the closure of the company easier for its employees; Background on C & A.
- Buck Offers Automated DC Plan Solution. McGuinness, Kevin // Plan Sponsor News;2013, p54
The article reports on Savings InSight, a solution that provides employers to automate defined contribution (DC) retirement plans as released by Buck Consultants. It states that the DC solution will be offered to workers through the employer's intranet. It mentions that the solution will assist...
- 'Net buzz. Nerney, Chris // Network World;09/07/98, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p58
Presents information relating to the Internet and intranet industry. Comparison of the Internet to baseball; Details on the success of the online bookseller, Amazon.com; Scheduled date for GreenTree, a San Francisco health store, to launch a Web site which designs personalized health plans;...
- A private function. Hammond, Ray // People Management;8/28/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 17, p25
Argues that British employees will never use company intranets to their full advantage if they are not allowed to do so in privacy. Views expressed by British senior human resources (HR) executives on the use of intranet technology; Role of encryption for the personal communications of...
- Inside story. Buchanan, Leigh // Inc.;1998 Inc. Technology 4, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p11
Focuses on the use of intranets by companies. Impressions about Sandia National Laboratories' intranet; Claims about the advantages of intranets; Challenges of building an intranet.
- Home, home on the Web. Allen, Leilani E. // Mortgage Banking;Mar97, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p46
Focuses on several features of intranet technology being deployed by a number of companies to achieve significant savings. Distinctions between Internet/Intranet and traditional computing; Numerous uses that various departments of a company might have for an intranet; Four business factors...
- A net's worth: Why business finds intranets hard to resist. Macfarlane, David // Outlook;Spring97 Supplement Technology & co, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p18
Discusses today's most indispensable business tool--the Intranet or inhouse Internet. Functions of the intranet; Setting up the company net; What should and should not go on your intranet; Determining the need for an intranet. INSET: How secure is your Internet?..