FOR MEAT PURCHASES: USDA relaxes inspection regs
- Questions about meat inspection rules. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Aug94, Vol. 77 Issue 8, p35
Focuses on the effectiveness of US Department of Agriculture's `white glove' inspection standards for meat. Effectiveness of Food Safety and Inspection Service's (FSIS) inspection system and enforcement of sanitation and slaughter processing regulations to control bacterial contamination;...
- Inspectors get tough--at last! Thornburg, Gina K. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Aug98, Vol. 59 Issue 8, p213
Focuses on the United States (US) regulations on meat- and poultry-processing. Number of people who die and become ill in the US every year from eating contaminated meat and poultry products; Purpose of the plan of action called the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points; Major elements of...
- Return to 'the Jungle?' Cray, Charlie // Multinational Monitor;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 21 Issue 7/8, p4
Reports the new meat inspection rules proposed by the United States Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service in July 2000. Purpose of the rules; Information on the pilot program designed to test the new inspection model; Benefits of the program.
- Senate Approves Amendment to Avoid Meat Inspector Furloughs. // National Hog Farmer Expert Blog;3/21/2013, p1
The article reports that the U.S. Senate approved an amendment that will help avoid meat inspector furloughs due to budgetary sequester by redirecting 55 million U.S. dollars from other areas of the U.S. Department of Agriculture's budget to the Food Safety and Inspection Service.
- Start the revolution. Blalock, Cecelia // National Provisioner;Oct95, Vol. 209 Issue 10, p34
Discusses the role played by the meat and poultry industry in the meat and poultry inspection reform. Proposed Federal meat and poultry inspection system by the US Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS); New operating style of FSIS; Review of agency's regulation.
- Prepare for more, not less, third-party ground beef testing. Johnson, Dennis // National Provisioner;Sep2011, Vol. 225 Issue 9, p12
The article reports on the increase of third-party testing activities of raw ground beef for Escherichia (E.) coli O157:H7 in the U.S. in 2011. It mentions that Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) will use Directive 10,000.1 criteria in the case of third-party testing to identify whether...
- Irradiation of meats OK'd by USDA. // Nation's Health;Feb2000, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p1
Announces the approval of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) in allowing meat processors to irradiate raw beef, pork and lamb to eliminate bacteria. Final ruling issued by the Food Safety and Inspection Service of the USDA; Bacteria eliminated by irradiation; Illnesses caused by...
- Meat and Poultry Inspection Act 8 Ill. Adm. Code 125. // Illinois Register;10/31/2014, Vol. 38 Issue 44, p20825
The article presents a Federal Register Notice of Illinois Department of Agriculture in October 2014. Topics discussed include notices of peremptory amendments including the Meat and Poultry Inspection Act 225 ILCS 650, the Federal Poultry Products Inspection Act 21 USCA 454, and the Federal...
- `War on pathogens' unites concerned industry. Oleck, Joan // Restaurant Business;7/1/93, Vol. 92 Issue 10, p21
Reports on the effect of to the food service industry of Agriculture Secretary Mike Espy's `war on pathogens', a result of a Jack-in-the Box hamburger E. coli poisoning. Victims; United States Food Safety and Inspection Service's (FSIS) two-track meat inspection and labeling reform plan.