AN FSD NEWSTRACK EXCLUSIVE: UNIV. OF TEXAS CANCER CTR. EXPANDS ROOM SERVICE
- TOUCH-SCREEN TECH FOR: ROOM SERVICE IN PATIENT FEEDING. Gossbauer, Sue // FoodService Director;04/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p150
Reports the innovations in providing room services to patients in the United States. Benefits of the touch-screen technology in food service to patients.
- The Pod SQUAD. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Dec2010, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p20
The article discusses the approach used by hospital foodservice directors to achieve patient's satisfaction at University of Utah Hospital in Utah. It outlines the importance of planning an upgrade to patient meal approach including room services. It also suggests the significance of a pod-based...
- African American Women with Breast Cancer Less Likely To Have Newer, Recommended Surgical Procedure. // Chicago Citizen - South End Edition;12/12/2012, Vol. 45 Issue 45, p3
The article notes a study led by the University of Texas at Houston M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Texas according to which, African American women with breast cancer are less likely to receive minimally invasive technique known as axillary sentinel lymph node (SLN) biopsy.
- Jordan makes mark in area cancer treatment. BASSETT, ELIZABETH // Fort Worth Business Press;3/16/2009, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p10
The article focuses on Dr. Bill Jordan, a medical oncologist and former president of the Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders. Jordan's full dedication to bring cancer care to patients in his local community is what sets him apart from other physicians. Growing up in Forth Worth, Texas, he went...
- ENTREES COOKED-TO-ORDER: Room service plan stars at Anderson Med. Ctr. // FoodService Director;05/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p12
Reports on the completion of a room service pilot at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas. Success of the pilot; Preparations made by the hospital to accommodate the service; Benefits of the room service.
- CafÃ© is a windfall in Texas. // FoodService Director;7/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the increase in sales of coffeehouses at the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center's outpatient facility in Houston, Texas. Daily sales of the Waterfall Cafe; Foods being served at the Cool Beans Cafe and Bakery.
- Timing is everything. // Food Management;May99, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p24
Reports on the implementation of a flexible meal order and delivery system at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas. Efficiency of the system in improving customer service ratings; Features of the service according to Jim Patterson, director of the department of...
- TO YOUR HEALTH. Hudgins, Sharon // World & I;Oct2001, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p120
Focuses on the changed food service system of two Texas hospitals. Menu options of patients at the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston; Emphasis of the revamped food service at the Zale Lipshy University Hospital.
- Accuray partnering with M.D. Anderson on Cyberknife study. // Medical Device Daily;10/30/2007, Vol. 11 Issue 208, p5
The article reports that Accuray has agreed to a research partnership with the University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston. The agreement calls for the launch of a clinical study that will compare of different treatment options for early-stage operable lung cancer. These are...