FOR 4,000-PLUS STUDENTS: Va. Tech intros halal, kosher
- In Brief. // Food Management;Jan2012, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p12
The article offers news briefs related to food services in the U.S., including the LessMeat Monday meat reduction scheme launched by Middlebury College, the scheduled implementation by the All Eastern Maine Healthcare Systems hospital of its Guiding Stars nutrition rating system for food...
- Making it Hot. // FoodService Director;10/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p23
The article reports on the planned expansion of the You're Eating Smarter (YES) To Go nutrition program of Virginia Tech University in Blacksburg, Virginia.
- Student Kills 32 And Himself In Rampage. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);4/25/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p3
The article reports that a student at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University killed 32 students using a pistol before committing suicide.
- CAGI Innovation Award Winners Announced. // Penton's Welding Magazine;May2009, Vol. 82 Issue 5, p8
The article announces that Team Robotics and Mechanisms Lab (RoMeLa) of Virginia Tech has received the 2008-2009 National Innovation Award from the Compressed Air and Gas Institute (CAGI).
- HEALTHY CONCERN. Harper, Roseanne // SN: Supermarket News;3/3/2008, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p33
The article looks at the efforts of food service providers to promote healthy foods. At Virginia Tech, which operates its own campus food-service sites, getting students to eat more whole-grain products became a key focus. Compass Group gives customers incentives to purchase healthy foods....
- How Does Your Garden Grow? // FoodService Director;11/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p12
This article reports on the creation of the position of sustainability coordinator at Virginia Tech University's dining program in a bid to show to its students its commitment to sustainability initiatives. Rick Johnson, director of housing and dining services, explains the importance of the...
- Tech treks to market. Ruggiero, Paul // FoodService Director;5/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p38
Focuses on the new Dietrick Dining Center at Virginia Tech University set to open in September 2004. Cost of the university's dining center renovation; Physical changes; Comments from Chad Brodkin, executive chef; Student involvement in the formation of the new dining center; Plans of Brodkin...
- Virginia Tech's big Gamble. Watkins, Carolyn // Food Management;Oct99, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p50
Focuses on the renovation of a cafeteria at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in Blacksburg, Virginia. Transformation of an all-you-can-eat style outlet into a marketplace-style eatery; Influences of Rich Melman's Foodlife in Chicago, Illinois; Three-pronged mission for the...
- $3.8 mil: Virginia Tech sets full-scale marche. // FoodService Director;08/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p5
Focuses on the preparations of Virginia Polytechnic Institute in Blackburg, Virginia, for what should be the first `large-scale' marche concept in the college sector, according to Rick Johnson, director of culinary services for the self-op. When Virginia Tech's concept is scheduled to open;...