WITH FOOD INDUSTRY SUPPORT: ASFSA tackles hunger
- Educating Youth About Global Hunger. // Association Management;May2002, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p20
Focuses on the Going Global program of the American School Food Service Association, which seeks to provide information about the causes, solutions and effects of world hunger. Number of lives claimed each day by hunger; Groups which launched the Going Global program in 2001; Information...
- ASFSA pushes for global expansion of school lunch programs. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;08/28/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 35, p18
Reports that the American School Food Service Association will campaign for the global expansion of the United States school lunch programs. Hearings by the US Senate's Agriculture, Nutrition and Forestry Committee on whether the US will join an International School Lunch Program led by the...
- MORE THAN JUST ALPHABET SOUP: PROFESSIONAL CREDENTIALS. Stephenson, Susie // FoodService Director;2/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p100
Presents information on credentialing, certification and recognition programs of several food service organizations in the U.S. Details of the American School Food Service Association's main programs; Number of levels of recognition from the American Society of Healthcare Food Service...
- 830 MILLION ARE HUNGRY. // Ecologist;Mar2001, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p10
Focuses on a report published by the United Nations World Food Program regarding the growth of global hunger. Main causes of hunger; Number of people affected by hunger; Number of undernourished people worldwide.
- Now It's the $6 Loaf of Bread. Nordland, Rod; Gross, Daniel; Harris, Ashley; Sheridan, Barrett; Ohtake, Miyoko; Macgregor, Karen; Yabes, Criselda // Newsweek;5/5/2008, Vol. 151 Issue 18, p46
This article focuses on the price of food. The article explains that food prices have taken the place of oil prices as the largest threat to the global economy. The United Nations' World Food Program has reported that in 121 of the poorest countries hunger has reached crisis level. The article...
- UN. agency launches outreach on hunger. Philippidis, Alex // Fairfield County Business Journal;9/20/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 38, p9
Reports on the United Nations World Food Program's outreach effort for businesses in Westchester County, New York, to promote involvement in the fight against hunger. Role of the agency in combating global hunger; Photo exhibition on hunger staged by the agency.
- World Hunger: Many Causes. Mwanza, Francis // Issues;Dec99, Issue 49, p3
Outlines the things people can do to help end world hunger. Statistical data; Role of The World Food Program in fighting global hunger; Information on www.thehungersite.com.
- PORTION SIZES PINPOINTED: Surgeon general challenges foodservice to combat obesity. // FoodService Director;2/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p16
Reports that U.S. Surgeon General David Satcher has called on the public to pressure the food service industry to reduce menu food portion sizes and address health problems caused by obesity. Reaction of the industry; Total number of obesity-related deaths in the U.S.; Information on several...
- ASFSA (now SNA) Celebrates at Annual Confab. // Food Management;Sep2004, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p14
This article focuses on developments in food industry. The American School Food Service Association is no more. That news incongruously prompted peals of delight from more than 5,000 members attending the kickoff session of the organization's 58th Annual National Conference in Indianapolis in...