AT WEST COAST HOSPITAL: CARDIAC PATIENTS LEARNING HEART-HEALTHY MEAL PREP
- Calif. Hosp. delivers `thank you' gift baskets. // FoodService Director;02/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p16
States that in an effort to show appreciation the hospital staff at the Long Beach Memorial Medical Center, for its service during the flu winter season, Foodservice management implemented a special delivery program for all shifts of fruit baskets and other gifts. Amount of hours worked by the...
- Long Beach Medical Ctr. starts mobile cart service. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p8
Presents information on the `East Break Program' mobile cart service which was introduced in 1996 to the Long Beach Memorial Medical Center. Success of the program; Information on the facility; Revenue attained by the company; Details on the training programs undertaken by the managers of the...
- Untitled. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/29/97, Vol. 44 Issue 52, p24
Features notable guests who attended Long Beach Medical Center's 75th Anniversary Jubilee Ball held in Atlantic Beach, California on November 16, 1997. US Senator Alfonse D'Amato; Board president Bernard Kennedy; `Newsday' newspaper publisher Raymond A. Jansen; Long Beach Medical Center chief...
- INSIGHTS FROM PLAYING PATIENT. Turner, Sally // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;11/20/95, Vol. 69 Issue 22, p50
Reports on a family practice residency program at Long Beach Memorial Medical Center in California. Requirement that interns must play the role of a patient; Experience of Dr. Grant Uba in pretending to be an HIV-positive patient undergoing tests; Things that Uba learned after his experience;...
- Doctors take a patient's perspective. // Arthritis Today;May/Jun92, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p14
Reports on the exercise developed by Dr. Stephen Brunton of the Long Beach Memorial Medical Center in California that allows new residents to pose as a patient. Features of the exercise; Other exercises given to residents.
- Flexible cookware. Wolson, Shelley // FoodService Director;05/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p192
Reports that general manager of food and nutrition and environmental services for Long Beach Memorial Medical Center in California, Winnie Wu, has nothing but high regards for her cookware. Factors which represent good cookware; Prominence in the use of steamable pans by the staff of the food...
- Long Beach RNs Approve New Contract. // Registered Nurse: Journal of Patient Advocacy;Oct2008, Vol. 104 Issue 8, p6
The article reports on the ratification of a three-year contract by registered nurses (RNs) at Long Beach Memorial Medical Center (LBMMC) in California. RNs ratified the contract to address their key priority for patient safety protections along with substantial gains in their rights and...
- NYS Senator Skelos receives Theodore Roosevelt award. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/18/95, Vol. 42 Issue 51, p43
Reports that Senator Dean Skelos was presented with the Theodore Roosevelt Award at the 73rd anniversary dinner of the Long Beach Medical Center. Comment by Martin Nester, hospital administrator about Skelos; Description of award.
- Long Beach taps Choudhry. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/26/96, Vol. 43 Issue 35, p35
Reports on the appointment of physician H.J. Choudhry as director of medical education at Long Beach Medical Center. Choudhry's education; Career history; Duties as director.