TO BATTLE LABOR SHORTAGE: Pueblo Sch. Dist. shifts to all convenience food
- Food, Design Draw Students. // FoodService Director;10/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p6
This article reports on the opening of a food court at Grassfield High School in the Chesapeake School District in Virginia. The food court, which will be named this semester through a student competition that is designed to give the students some ownership, offers eight stations, whose names...
- IN BETHLEHEM, PA: Broader menu, snacks help schools build sales, participation. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;12/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p36
Focuses on the increase in menu selections in the Bethlehem Area School District in Pennsylvania which strengthened food service sales and customer participation. Daily entrees available to students; Availability of snack stations in the secondary school cafeterias; Role of on-site food...
- HOSPITALS TAKE A HIT: NO SURPRISES. Pond, James // FoodService Director;9/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p38
Comments on a study conducted by researchers at the University of Michigan Medical School on fast food franchises in hospitals in the U.S. Background on criticisms made by the researchers against fast food services in hospitals; Information on a related study conducted by 'Foodservice Director'...
- 1954 Victor Kooler Grill. // Journal of Business (10756124);Apr/May2005 Supplement, Vol. 20, p66
Provides information on 1954 Victor Kooler Grill hot dog stand in Spokane, Washington. Brief history; Menus; Contact information.
- STEALING BVGS. AT BREVARD: STUDENTS CAUGHT ON VIDEO. // FoodService Director;04/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p8
Focuses on the installation of video cameras at a high school cafeteria in a Florida school district which help them save money in stolen foods. Advantages of the installation; Details on the results of using the cameras.
- PUBLIC NOTICE. // Munday Courier (TX);5/10/2012, Vol. 35 Issue 19, p5
The article offers information on the Summer Food Service Program which will be sponsored by Munday Consolidated Independent School District (CISD) at the cafeteria of the Munday Elementary School on June 4-29, 2012.
- Mystery solved. // FoodService Director;5/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p8
Reveals that Piper Unified School District 203 in Kansas City, Missouri has increased its lunch participation from 2002-2004 through a revamped menu and a new approach to cafeteria service. Comments from Bridget McNabb, Piper's food service director; Standardization of the menus; Factors that...
- Menu Makeover. // FoodService Director;1/1/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p8
The article focuses on the redevelopment of menus for children at the Peninsula School District in Gig Harbor, Washington under the Action Communities for Health, Innovation and Environmental Change (ACHIEVE) committee. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has funded the initiative....
- NYC Schools nix vended junk food. // Food Management;Aug2003, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p14
Reports on the elimination of junk foods in the vending machines at the New York City Public Schools district in New York City. Revamp of the a la carte cafeteria offerings to reduce fat and calorie content; Availability of water, low-fat snacks and fruit juices in the vending machines on...