MarketCapsule: TODAY'S TYPICAL JAIL MENU
- Eating in the Raw: Healthy Altarnative Lifestyle or Fad Diet? // Environmental Nutrition;May2003, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p7
Presents a question-and-answer advisory on the nutritional content of raw foods. Benefits of eating raw foods; Aspects of the raw diet; Risk of food-borne illness.
- Raw food is no raw deal for nutrition. Mitton, Angela // Food Manufacture;Jan2010, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p17
The author explores the nutritional value of uncooked or raw foods.
- on the case - Secret Shopper. Blatner, Dawn Jackson // Natural Foods Merchandiser;Jan2013, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p15
The article discusses the retailers' definition for raw food pertaining to food labeling and nutrition of the food groups and nutrients available to a person.
- The Seeds of Health. Priesnitz, Wendy // Natural Life;Sep/Oct2005, Issue 105, p8
Focuses on the value of eating raw seeds. Nutrients in seeds; Health benefits of eating raw seeds; Accessibility and use of different kinds of raw seeds.
- Go Raw! Priesnitz, Wendy // Natural Life;Sep/Oct2006, Issue 111, p14
The article presents a discussion on raw food diet which is defined as being based on eating unprocessed, organic, whole, vegan foods, at least seventy five percent of which should be uncooked. It also cites the variety of techniques used to prepare these foods. It also discusses the research by...
- RAW FOOD DIET PROVES HEALTHY. // Natural Health & Vegetarian Life;Autumn2007, p43
The article reports on the results of an experiment filmed for television (TV) on the health benefits of raw food diet. Several volunteers, who had set up home next to the ape house at Paignton Zoo, Devon, Great Britain, took on the 12-day Evo Diet, which is inspired by the plant-based diet of...
- The Raw Deal. MOUNT, RACHEL // O, The Oprah Magazine;Jan2012, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p78
The article discusses the aspects to consider when getting into a raw cook diet. It mentions that it is appropriate to eat a mix of cooked and uncooked produce as some nutrients in fruits and vegetables are better absorbed after they have been eaten. It notes that getting into such diet should...
- In the Raw. Bunn, Austin // Yoga Journal;Nov2005, Issue 191, p35
Relates the author's experience with a raw food cuisine. Stages of digestive grief; Components of a raw food diet; Meal planning; Struggle to adjust. INSETS: Raw rules;Raw data.
- The RAW FOOD revolution. // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);3/31/2014, Vol. 28 Issue 13, p42
The article focuses on the advantage of including raw foods in a diet. It provides brief overview of the history of the raw food movement, which stems from the theory that heating food damages destroys important enzymes and nutritional value. It also provides insights from several nutritionists...